Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 5:10 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Hopeless,

I'm also hesitating to go anot.. If going, i'm be heading there during lunch time. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if u're going.

Cheers :)
Hopeless wrote:
idyllic wrote:im gg on fri! ;)
Hmm..i'm still thinking whether to go or not........
Hey Toori,

why are u hesitating??

tinkerbelle

Re: should i? WHY NOT?

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 5:13 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?
Practise makes perfect!! Try conversing with PROPER english from now on. I am 120% sure you have the qualities that SQ's looking for, except for your singlish of cos. At least that recruitment officer told you wat u lack rite?

And for the rest who equates not being selected as falling short in the "x-factor" dept..well to each his/her own. I dun tink anyone has the rite to deprive sm1 from trying juz becos they themselves feel it a waste of time. If you wanna try Silkair, juz go.. dun let anyone stop u. :)

Aure

Re: should i?

Post by Aure » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 5:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
pinkpluspinky wrote:juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?
I think you'de better give it up, I have A2 in English at School, come from an All Girls School and speak English at home but I still didn't make it. It's the X-factor that you're probably missing, so perhaps you might want to look into an office job or other areas.

You can't be a stewardess for life...you'll have to do some real thinking about a stable job.

Hi Aure, may i know which round did u manage get thru?
Hi Guest,

I was shortlisted for the interview but was away on a biz trip and missed it.

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 5:33 pm

Hopeless wrote:
Aiyo woman.. juz go lah if you want.. unlessu're not gonna take up the contract den dun waste your time and precious leave lor.. :)

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 5:50 pm

I'm also hesitating to go anot.. If going, i'm be heading there during lunch time. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if u're going.

Hopeless wrote:
Hi Toori,

Hopeless is in my friendster.. Mayb u can drop me a message in friendster?

Toori/Hopeless,
I really wana give it a try? at least get some experience, but I'm worried that what IF i got thru the 1st round? then the future rounds I cant make it? As I'm goin to start my new job soon? Any suggestions?

Cheers! :wink:

Toori

Post by Toori » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 6:18 pm

Hi Gals,

I'm hesitating because my main goal is to work for international flights, and Silkair is only regional.. But on the other hand, it'll be a good experience too...

Btw, Paige, i've sent u a msg to ur friendster; kindly check :)
Paige wrote:

Hopeless wrote: Hmm..i'm still thinking whether to go or not........
Hi Toori,

Toori/Hopeless,
I really wana give it a try? at least get some experience, but I'm worried that what IF i got thru the 1st round? then the future rounds I cant make it? As I'm goin to start my new job soon? Any suggestions?

idyllic

Post by idyllic » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 8:11 pm

what wld u be wearing for the interview?
BTW do u gals have flawless complexion?
Sigh recently my skin is having some bumps (whiteheads)

:?

Aure

Post by Aure » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:40 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Gals,

I'm hesitating because my main goal is to work for international flights, and Silkair is only regional.. But on the other hand, it'll be a good experience too...

Btw, Paige, i've sent u a msg to ur friendster; kindly check :)
Paige wrote:

Hi Toori,

Toori/Hopeless,

Hi Toori,

I have a fren's gf who did succeed in getting a transfer from Silkair to SIA. I do not know what are the conditions of such a transfer as in perhaps fulfillment of certain no. of years at Silkair, or good appraisals... my feel is that no harm trying for silkair and see how things go...

Best of Luck!

reena

sigghhh

Post by reena » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 1:11 am

hi girls...wanna join emirates???i went for kl interview...got kicked out lah...they didnt conduct any interview with us...man so disappointed...anyway im gonn try again..reply if anyone is intrested in going...or anyone has any experience in their interview

Toori

Post by Toori » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:44 am

Hi Aure,

Thanks for sharing the info.. I guess i'll go ahead for the interview :D
Aure wrote:
Hi Toori,

I have a fren's girlfriend who did succeed in getting a transfer from Silkair to SIA. I do not know what are the conditions of such a transfer as in perhaps fulfillment of certain no. of years at Silkair, or good appraisals... my feel is that no harm trying for silkair and see how things go...

Best of Luck!

PastaGirl

Re: sigghhh

Post by PastaGirl » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:45 pm

reena wrote:hi girls...want to join emirates???i went for kl interview...got kicked out lah...they didnt conduct any interview with us...man so disappointed...anyway im gonn try again..reply if anyone is intrested in going...or anyone has any experience in their interview
how to join?? isn't the interview thingy over for emirates???

Guest00

Re: sigghhh

Post by Guest00 » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 2:11 pm

PastaGirl wrote:
reena wrote:hi girls...want to join emirates???i went for kl interview...got kicked out lah...they didnt conduct any interview with us...man so disappointed...anyway im gonn try again..reply if anyone is intrested in going...or anyone has any experience in their interview
how to join?? isn't the interview thingy over for emirates???
Hey,
I sent my online application recently for emirates. Though the walk-in interview period was over, i was called back this week. The interview was a one-to-one and I gotta into for the next round though I was not even shortlisted by SIA durinig the recent round. So i guess it wouldnt hurt to apply online. cheers.

reena

i know its over

Post by reena » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 2:57 pm

haiyah..i know its over..go for the next session...anyway sass atlantic said they are coming to jb in pan pacific hotel sometime in september...i called them today..if they said apply 6mths later..can i just try again..cause i went for the august one...and when i called sass people...they said just try for jb???anyone knows if they will really check??should i just wait...

reena

hey guest 00

Post by reena » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 3:04 pm

hello..congrats on your application with emirates..go and and get that job girl...anyways...i should have went for the one in singapore...cause the one in kl was a big disappointment...and i was called to go for SIA on June but i didnt go for it cause i was starting my new job...but guess what emirates is better cause ure not bonded and their benefits is better than SIA..and what to say ure one lucky..girl...congrats ok...tell me all about the one to one interview...all the best! 8)

Guest00

Re: hey guest 00

Post by Guest00 » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 4:29 pm

Thanks girl.
My interview started off with filling in an application form. There was a couple of girls aready there. Then one-by-one, we were called into a room with an interviewer. Mine was a guy interviewer. He looked at my application for some time. Then look at me to confirm the photo. Silence. Then he check some list which i cant really see. He didnt ask alot of question. (I actually felt that he was letting me through the next round even before the question was asked). During the silence period, i could hear from the next rm another interview being carried out. It seemed that there were alot of qns and ans going on. (but the girl never made it though).

My interviewer mentioned about my current job and asked why would i want to change it. Then he mention about my Bsci (hons), asking was it done abroad. Just like that. And then he mention that i am invited to the next round and he detailed on it.

Hope that helps. cheers.
reena wrote:hello..congrats on your application with emirates..go and and get that job girl...anyways...i should have went for the one in singapore...cause the one in kl was a big disappointment...and i was called to go for SIA on June but i didnt go for it cause i was starting my new job...but guess what emirates is better cause ure not bonded and their benefits is better than SIA..and what to say ure one lucky..girl...congrats ok...tell me all about the one to one interview...all the best! 8)