Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:24 pm

thanks fluff. i still have a long way till i complete National Service. I don't know if they would still let me in for the interview. but whatever. Drop me a message if you wanna go together.

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 4:44 pm

ilurvemushrooms wrote:hi galwithawand,

I put up mine as 1 month's notice. den before going for the medical, one of the HR lady did inform that my start date will be 28 jan if everything is fine.

so if fail wil get a letter say unsuccessful. if pass wil get a call.

but I got no letters and no calls till now. so does that mean there is still a chance? just wondering.

appreciate all replies, thk u! :)
i'll reply according to my knowledge. if you havent received your letter within one month(which has already passed), you are safe. now you just have to wait patiently for the phone call. the 28 jan batch might be full or for some other reasons, you are assigned into a later batch. you should be 99.9% in now, just gotta be patient and wait for that Godsend phonecall (:

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 4:46 pm

rampalicious87 wrote:thanks fluff. i still have a long way till i complete National Service. I don't know if they would still let me in for the interview. but whatever. Drop me a message if you wanna go together.
how long? i'm also going with a bunch of pple who will only be available in aug/sep. (: maybe we can all go in as a group to make it all sound better (:

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 4:50 pm

oh, and just to let all you guys know, there's a huge paycut in SIA just yesterday affecting EVERYONE. so now the pay u can expect every month flying has dropped significantly to about 3.2-4k

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 6:37 pm

galwithawand wrote:
rampalicious87 wrote:thanks fluff. i still have a long way till i complete National Service. I don't know if they would still let me in for the interview. but whatever. Drop me a message if you wanna go together.
how long? i'm also going with a bunch of pple who will only be available in aug/sep. (: maybe we can all go in as a group to make it all sound better (:
very. haha. at least 14 months. :?

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 7:23 pm

rampalicious87 wrote:
erm, okayyyyyy......

not to pour cold water, but you do know that they won't wait for so long.
right?
anyway, if you are really going, you are welcomed to join us(all forumers) who will be going down at 7am to beat the queue (: fluff too!

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 9:18 am

galwithawand wrote:
rampalicious87 wrote:
erm, okayyyyyy......

not to pour cold water, but you do know that they won't wait for so long.
right?
anyway, if you are really going, you are welcomed to join us(all forumers) who will be going down at 7am to beat the queue (: fluff too!
Rampa: 14 months is still long! But go and try out to gain experience for yourself then by the time you ORD, you can ace thru the interview!! :D

Girlwithwand: :D Thanks for including me! Is this your first time going for the interview? Waaa, 7am is so early!

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 9:37 am

FluffCloud wrote: Girlwithwand: :D Thanks for including me! Is this your first time going for the interview? Waaa, 7am is so early!
no problem (: yup, it's my first time everyone-else-in-the-group's first time as well (: 7am is early but you end early too. those who go late have gotta queue all day.. anyway, so far we have 7 in the group already. so plus you two is 9 (: can form one group of 10 already! ((:

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 3:43 pm

hmm. yeah. thats why i've already mentioned in my post that i won't get in but am just giving it a shot to experience it. =) you guys added each other in facebook already?

Cherryp

Post by Cherryp » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 4:05 pm

Hey everyone, I am highly tempted to give it a shot at the upcoming interview. Please pm me your email so I can add you, whoever that will be going for the 18th Feb interview! (:

SO NERVOUS, BUT EXCITED!
Last edited by Cherryp on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baubbles

hello

Post by baubbles » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:56 pm

hi guys, im new here! will be going to the 19 feb interview and it will be my second try! went for my first try in 06 nov and got through the first 4 stages but was booted out cos the interviewer say that i did not smile enough and asked me to try again next time with a bigger smile. was really sad when he told me that :(

anyone who tried the second time and got through? is it really much easier to get in after the first try? anw, i went for the silkair interview in dec too and i got in smoothly but i rejected them. will there be a higher chance for me during feb's interview? thanks!

transcendent

Post by transcendent » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:03 am

rampalicious87 wrote:hmm. yeah. thats why i've already mentioned in my post that i won't get in but am just giving it a shot to experience it. =) you guys added each other in facebook already?
hi rampa, i am also in NS now and i went for the interviews in september last year, i got to the final interview but as i still had 9 more months of NS to go at that point, they diddnt allow me to go through with the final interview.

they said they will call me back for final interview this year *fingers crossed*

dyeo

Re: hello

Post by dyeo » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:58 pm

baubbles wrote:hi guys, im new here! will be going to the 19 feb interview and it will be my second try! went for my first try in 06 nov and got through the first 4 stages but was booted out cos the interviewer say that i did not smile enough and asked me to try again next time with a bigger smile. was really sad when he told me that :(

anyone who tried the second time and got through? is it really much easier to get in after the first try? anw, i went for the silkair interview in dec too and i got in smoothly but i rejected them. will there be a higher chance for me during feb's interview? thanks!
you can make mistakes during the management round but you cannot not smile. I got through this tough round with mispronounciations and loss of words because I was the only one who smiled throughout the entire interview. so smile babe! ;)

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 1:52 pm

transcendent wrote:
rampalicious87 wrote:hmm. yeah. thats why i've already mentioned in my post that i won't get in but am just giving it a shot to experience it. =) you guys added each other in facebook already?
hi rampa, i am also in NS now and i went for the interviews in september last year, i got to the final interview but as i still had 9 more months of NS to go at that point, they diddnt allow me to go through with the final interview.

they said they will call me back for final interview this year *fingers crossed*
good luck transcendent. i hope they'll call you soon. =) as for me, im going just to experience how the interview is like and to make me prepared once my ORD date is nearing.

baubbles

Re: hello

Post by baubbles » Sat, 29 Jan 2011 2:10 pm

dyeo wrote:
baubbles wrote:hi guys, im new here! will be going to the 19 feb interview and it will be my second try! went for my first try in 06 nov and got through the first 4 stages but was booted out cos the interviewer say that i did not smile enough and asked me to try again next time with a bigger smile. was really sad when he told me that :(

you can make mistakes during the management round but you cannot not smile. I got through this tough round with mispronounciations and loss of words because I was the only one who smiled throughout the entire interview. so smile babe! ;)
hello babe, thanks so much for your info :) would like to ask if u got in through ur first try or? it really doesn't matter with the way u present ur presentation besides smiling? really want to make it this time on my second try :(