Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:08 am

violet wrote:
violet wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:Thanks M and Rapanzel!

Hi Zoergal,

So far, i think your time set (0920) is the closest to mine (0940). Mind meeting up too?...so that we can keep each other companied...*wink*

Anyone else? *i do not bite* hehe...
hi,Beagle lover,i m same time set wif u.Maybe we can go together o.
i add u in my MSN alr...mine is [email protected]
Hey,Beagle lover,so how's your preparation?everything is settle?
will we go together tis saturday?wish to hear from u soon.

Hello Violet...

Sorry i didnt keep u up-to-date. anyway, will pm you to arrange how u wanna meet up k...or see you on msn...hope your boss not ard...hehe

Rgrds, Beagle_lover 8)

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:58 am

Hello good morning eveyone,

Any latest news for guys? Anyone received steward invitation?

2 more days ..... till waiting patiently!!!
:-|
Happy go Lucky

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:07 pm

Samsoh,
My other males friends have not received any invitations too. Why don't you give the Cabin Crew dept a call ? I am a strong feeling that they may not need any new stewards at the moment as they have recruited quite a lot this year. Anyway, this is just my conjecture.
All the best to you & good luck!

GraceTee

Post by GraceTee » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:46 pm

Hi Lene, Grace again, never receive your pm, can u contact me at [email protected] u :D

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 1:36 pm

Hi for all guys,

GODD NEWS....!!!

I called SIA HR dep.
They'll send out invitation email for male applicant tomorrow....
Can't wait.....
I'm praying now for the best!!!!
:wink:
Happy go Lucky

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 2:41 pm

M wrote:
hiccup wrote:
M wrote:Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it?
See, you also knew that SIA prefer Malaysians because they are hardworking! Malaysians are humble in personality too.

Do you know it is so difficult to strike a casual conversation with a Singaporean lady than Malaysian lady? Now, can see my point why Malaysians are approachable?

I was changing my BMW's tyre on a street behind Pelangi Plaza, one Chinese lady offered me her handphone to call for help.

They are lots of comparisons between Singaporean and Malaysian ladies. SIA do open their eyes when selecting applicants and priority sure reserve for them (Malaysians). I am pleased that you are awared of this situation.

If you can get in SIA, I will be happy for you. For sure, I wouldn't hesitate to give you free meal voucher at Alkaff Mansion if you are able to tell me the selected applicants are more than 65% Malaysians!
:cool: Thanks for your voucher but no thanks, I can well afford it? In anyway I'm sure you have made your point and thanks for pointing that out to many of the hopefuls here.

But I'm certain that individuals with rightful ablities would be able to pursue their dreams and passion inregardless of nationalties? I hope what I've said rings a bell in you?

And by the way, driving a BMW to Malaysia eh? I would take a bus!! :cool:

I have always thought that Singaporeans stand for a higher chance than Malaysians because of their permanent citizenship and education qualities.

However, i agree that it is certainly not a very good idea to compare both nationalities. Be it Singaporeans or Malaysians, each individual has to work their own way to pass through all the painstaking interviews.

i say stop creating unnecessary sensitive issues here and good luck to all.... :P

jejune

Post by jejune » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 2:54 pm

can anyone include what to wear for the interview?

:)

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 3:15 pm

jejune wrote:can anyone include what to wear for the interview?

:)
Dear Jejune and all,

I've checked with one of my SIA frens on what to wear for the interview.

Resist the temptation to dress casually as the opinion of most airlines is that if you cant look professional at an interview, you may have trouble maintaining the airline image at work.

the best choice is a simple suit, no sweaters, no revealing apparel or trendy styles.

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 3:45 pm

hi guys!!! one of my friend, he got his invites for stewards liao! his is on 16 oct, sunday!

carsiao

Ya

Post by carsiao » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 4:18 pm

I received mine too... Sunday! Good luck to ya all people.

carsiao

Ya

Post by carsiao » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 4:21 pm

I received mine too... Sunday! Good luck to ya all people.

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 4:23 pm

:(

Guess I was not shortlisted.
Carsiao, When did you received the email?
today morning?
Happy go Lucky

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 4:35 pm

what time is urs carsiao. my frend's one is 840am.

samsoh, im sure u will! i think they will still send out for the next 2 days. if this is ur first application, im almost confirm that they will surely invite u.

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 7:17 pm

piggicia wrote:
sunsweet wrote:hey this is my second time mentioning.
im looking for people to acc me on monday silkair 2nd swimming test interview! please please reply this post if u got in to the 2nd interview.

tyty
hihi... i dun mind meet up with you first.. i need to check what to wear for the interview. and what kind of interview is it.. grp? indi? erm.. ya.. i left you a private msg with my msn..

any other girls who made it to monday's interview too??
hi piggicia & sunsweet,
How was both of ur 2nd interview today? what's the swimming test all abt? Hope u all can share with us....

thks- xoxo

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:51 am

My friend got theirs...

Samsoh, don't worry too much. As mentioned, since this is your 1st time, chances of you getting the email is very high. Furthermore, there are much lesser guys applying than gals. Therefore, they can afford to invite most of the guys. Be patient.
All e best n Good Luck.