Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
csc

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by csc » Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:22 am

Hi all,
May I know whether SIA cabin crew interview held in SG is also open to Malaysian candidates?Im a Malaysian and is not a SG PR.

thanks
csc

sailorvenus

Post by sailorvenus » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:28 pm

Hi, anyone from 9 july interview still waiting for training dates? Or anyone waiting for november training dates?

Cedric Chang

Post by Cedric Chang » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 1:19 am

Does SG Citizen means not open to PR, since the formalities is always on always admitting based on SG residents for the upcoming interview this weekend?

Wineruby

Post by Wineruby » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:20 pm

sailorvenus wrote:Hi, anyone from 9 july interview still waiting for training dates? Or anyone waiting for november training dates?
Hey I'm from July's interview and I'm still waiting for news. Have you already got the SMS and just awaiting training dates or have you not heard from them at all yet?

Jaexodus

Post by Jaexodus » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 5:35 pm

sailorvenus wrote:Hi, anyone from 9 july interview still waiting for training dates? Or anyone waiting for november training dates?
Hi i'm waiting for training dates, likely to be nov. how about you?

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:29 pm

Hi there... Anyone from the May interviews that ORD in October still pending reply from Mary?

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 4:13 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi there... Anyone from the May interviews that ORD in October still pending reply from Mary?
Hey! Did they told you that if you haven't submit your cert to them, you'll be KIV till you passed it to them? Meaning that they will only let you know that you pass/fail after you passed the certificate that you ORD?

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 4:38 pm

cl0udz wrote:
Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi there... Anyone from the May interviews that ORD in October still pending reply from Mary?
Hey! Did they told you that if you haven't submit your cert to them, you'll be KIV till you passed it to them? Meaning that they will only let you know that you pass/fail after you passed the certificate that you ORD?
Hey... Yes I'm aware of that. But from all the other applicants so far, and as told by Mary before the Medicals, she mentioned she would email us on a date to submit the remaining documents (approx a month from ORD date). And supposedly once that email comes in, you're more or less confirmed. Because I know of people who has yet to ORD and got rejected a month after the May interviews. Fingers crossed!

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 4:44 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:
cl0udz wrote:
Hey... Yes I'm aware of that. But from all the other applicants so far, and as told by Mary before the Medicals, she mentioned she would email us on a date to submit the remaining documents (approx a month from ORD date). And supposedly once that email comes in, you're more or less confirmed. Because I know of people who has yet to ORD and got rejected a month after the May interviews. Fingers crossed!
Then don't worry! If you didn't receive any rejection letter a month after your medical then you're safe, I think :) All the best! And and, so does that mean that I'm more or less accepted if I didn't receive rejection letter within a month (I had my medical yesterday) but I've pending documents? :o

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 4:56 pm

Hey clouds... Hmm I'm not too certain about that... When was your interview? My estimations are solely based on what people have been experiencing over the forums. It takes approximately a month from your Medicals for them to revert a reply to you. I did my Medicals after the day I completed the Management round. I've heard of people getting rejected even after 3 months of waiting, so that's the best bet to play safe. The waiting time is what makes it so frustrating. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll have good news sooner than you expect it! :)

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 5:06 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hey clouds... Hmm I'm not too certain about that... When was your interview? My estimations are solely based on what people have been experiencing over the forums. It takes approximately a month from your Medicals for them to revert a reply to you. I did my Medicals after the day I completed the Management round. I've heard of people getting rejected even after 3 months of waiting, so that's the best bet to play safe. The waiting time is what makes it so frustrating. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll have good news sooner than you expect it! :)
My interview was just last Saturday. :) Oh sigh, this is making me feeling so frustrated although it has only been a few days, probably because I've pending documents and they told me that I'll only know my results when I submitted my documents! But I saw some people receiving their letters/calls/sms although they've pending documents. This is killing me. :(

dubelux

Post by dubelux » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 6:30 pm

Hi Tedyuntianhu & cl0udz. I went for the interview on 21st May and got KIV. Went for review on 10 July and went for medical on 11 July.

I ORD on 10 Sept and I received an email from Mary on 18 Aug to head down to STC on 13 Sept to submit my remaining docs. I changed the date to 19 Sept cos I will be overseas.

Hopefully this can give u guys a rough gauge!

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 6:40 pm

dubelux wrote:Hi Tedyuntianhu & cl0udz. I went for the interview on 21st May and got KIV. Went for review on 10 July and went for medical on 11 July.

I ORD on 10 Sept and I received an email from Mary on 18 Aug to head down to STC on 13 Sept to submit my remaining docs. I changed the date to 19 Sept cos I will be overseas.

Hey! Thanks a lot for sharing. :) But after your medical, did you receive any calls/letters/sms on whether you got acceptable or rejected? Or did Mary just emailed you to submit the docs? :)

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 7:25 pm

dubelux wrote:Hi Tedyuntianhu & cl0udz. I went for the interview on 21st May and got KIV. Went for review on 10 July and went for medical on 11 July.

Hey dubelux! Thanks for the insight! That's relieving... Finally someone to shed some light! Thanks a lot man. Shared it with my friends who are on pending and awaiting to ORD as well. I even went to get myself upgraded from Pes E to B1L1. /:. Might be a stupid move, but I want it so badly! Hahaha. Cheers man!

dubelux

Post by dubelux » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 2:39 am

cl0udz wrote:

Hey! Thanks a lot for sharing. :) But after your medical, did you receive any calls/letters/sms on whether you got acceptable or rejected? Or did Mary just emailed you to submit the docs? :)
No I did not receive anything. She only emailed me to submit the docs. I'm guessing I passed my medical cos if not she wouldn't have asked me to submit my docs if I failed anyway. Be patient, I know quite sian but eventually you will get the notification when it arrives!