Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:54 am

VeniE wrote: but there was once when i tried, there was a qns asked" what will you do if you were not selected?"

and one of the girl said that she'll politely ask the interview what went wrong and will try to improve herself. And after when she finish, the interview gave a comment that they do not entertain anyone after the interview, and will not give any comment on why u did not make it.

Hi Venie,

I got the same set of question during my mgt intv..I felt tat this is quite a risky question n the supportin answers gotta be neutral. Since I am currently doing my contract teachin n haf not sign the bond, they asked me 3 sets of tough questions:

1. Why do u want to quit teaching?
2. Can u compare the diff between teachin n cabin crew?
3. Lastly, if u did not get this job wld u go for teachin n sign the bond or what's ur plan?

I still feel the first 2 questions was a ok but the last one was a killer. BUt my answers were quite safe I guess tats y they let me tru. I told them if I did not get this job, I will still NOT sign the bond with teachin as I made up my mind not to pursue this career (reasons given at question 1), then my plans was to continue trying for SIA n I did emphasize on my 8th tries as well as givin them a 'sad' face expression shld I fail. I felt that u shld never tell them tat we will look for ote job, its a NO-NO! if we fail this time round instead convinced them will try again for every recruitment. (this shows ur burning determination) Must 'make-up' story a bit...hehe

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:10 am

wawaa wrote:
VeniE wrote: but there was once when i tried, there was a qns asked" what will you do if you were not selected?"

and one of the girl said that she'll politely ask the interview what went wrong and will try to improve herself. And after when she finish, the interview gave a comment that they do not entertain anyone after the interview, and will not give any comment on why u did not make it.

Hi Venie,

I got the same set of question during my mgt intv..I felt tat this is quite a risky question n the supportin answers gotta be neutral. Since I am currently doing my contract teachin n haf not sign the bond, they asked me 3 sets of tough questions:

3. Lastly, if u did not get this job wld u go for teachin n sign the bond or what's ur plan?

I still feel the first 2 questions was a ok but the last one was a killer. BUt my answers were quite safe I guess tats y they let me tru. I told them if I did not get this job, I will still NOT sign the bond with teachin as I made up my mind not to pursue this career (reasons given at question 1), then my plans was to continue trying for SIA n I did emphasize on my 8th tries as well as givin them a 'sad' face expression shld I fail. I felt that u shld never tell them tat we will look for ote job, its a NO-NO! if we fail this time round instead convinced them will try again for every recruitment. (this shows ur burning determination) Must 'make-up' story a bit...hehe
so this is yr 8th attempt?? wow.. so did u ever ask them when u were booted during the past attempts.. care to share wat r the No-Nos during kebaya?? Ya.. i agree.. there is no complete truth in an interview..sometimes u shld give model answers to ensure success.. what was the passing rate for mgt?? tks

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:29 am

zcarina wrote:
wawaa wrote:

Hi Venie,

so this is yr 8th attempt?? wow.. so did u ever ask them when u were booted during the past attempts.. care to share wat r the No-Nos during kebaya?? Ya.. i agree.. there is no complete truth in an interview..sometimes u shld give model answers to ensure success.. what was the passing rate for mgt?? tks
that qns: what would you do if you're not selected?

it was pop out in my first round... i was like huh?? den 3 or 4 of us including me gave the answer will try again den the interview got fed up leh!! he says he dun want the same ans will try again he said he wants to know what we will do.

well can say you will take up language course like french course or whatever course to show that u will do something to improve.. that was wat he wanna hear... lolx... but i din get in also... even though i said it's not my first time trying. keke...

nvm there's always next time... will try again lo.. :lol:
Soaring above all

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:34 am

ciaffection wrote:Hi i have a tiny mole on my left hand. Something like a sesame size and its in dark brown colour. i wonder will i got booted out if i went for the kebaya round?

hi ciaffection,

dun worry its not sumetin so obvious or serius coz I haf one too near my wrist n two very tiny brown spot near my fingers. They still pass me!

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:59 am

zcarina wrote:
wawaa wrote:

Hi Venie,

Actually I did try once askin wen I got booted out in the kebaya for the 2nd time. When the skin check was done, I saw the Lancome beautician walkin out of the room thus I went to approach her n ask why did I fail. Unfortunately, she just apologized sayin tat its confidential. It was heart-wrenching coz I put in so much effort for the skin check round as in make-up n hair was do up. Till then I never got the chance to pass tru round 1 until the recent walk-in which I passed all rounds. Which means, I never knoe wats my flaw.

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:32 pm

wawaa:
although they din tell u yr flaw, is there anything u do different during this interview u think might helped u to pass this recruitement instead???
Yr 8th attempt.. mine the 5th.. your example is really encouraging to those who tried n tried.. tks :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:00 pm

hi guyz...i'm back...unfortunately i failed my mgmt
But luckily i know what's wrong. Or at least i think i know. The interviewer asked me: have you heard anything negative abt working as a FS? I told them abt senior bullying junior, and senior throw bread at junior etc etc... I guess it was because of me saying bad things abt their staff (i shud have juz kept quiet!!!) that i was booted... anyway, i'm not giving up haha.... gonna try again after the ban!!! Lucky got a backup job to turn to! hahaha

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:06 pm

rurik0 wrote:hi guyz...i'm back...unfortunately i failed my mgmt
But luckily i know what's wrong. Or at least i think i know. The interviewer asked me: have you heard anything negative abt working as a FS? I told them abt senior bullying junior, and senior throw bread at junior etc etc... I guess it was because of me saying bad things abt their staff (i shud have juz kept quiet!!!) that i was booted... anyway, i'm not giving up haha.... gonna try again after the ban!!! Lucky got a backup job to turn to! hahaha
arh!!! sooOOooo sad.. :cry:

ah yoi... hmm... i guess u really said the wrong things lo.. sounds like bad mouthing them.... den have to wait for 6 months b4 trying again le...
a bit wasted lo...
Soaring above all

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:12 pm

yea... i guess its because of wad i said! haha..... anyway now that i come to think of it, why was i so dumb to even say that...? lolz.... mb i was too nervous just now...

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:25 pm

rurik0 wrote:yea... i guess its because of wad i said! haha..... anyway now that i come to think of it, why was i so dumb to even say that...? lolz.... mb i was too nervous just now...
yeah.. once you nervous... u dun know what u're saying...

nvm... there's always next time... maybe take this few months to improve lo... :wink:

btw rurik0, have u thot of other airline?? coming sat having etihad anyway...
Last edited by VeniE on Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soaring above all

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:32 pm

hey i am new here, and is really keen in trying for the next sia recruitment (my first time), perhaps when the next one is up we could do together? anyone interested?

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:39 pm

Dear ruriko....its ok...for u to get so far is already very good :)

well, im sure u have the natural attributes to get so far....maintain your not give up spirit ok!

Wonder when will the next recruitment drive be?
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:46 pm

but gals,

how was the passing rate for your groups for the management round this time?
.CEL.

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:34 pm

zcarina wrote:wawaa:
although they din tell u yr flaw, is there anything u do different during this interview u think might helped u to pass this recruitement instead???
Yr 8th attempt.. mine the 5th.. your example is really encouraging to those who tried n tried.. tks :D
\

hahahah...never give up yeah tats the spirit!
Yup..alto I duno what went wrong but I gotta a strong feelin it must haf been my skin. I do not haf a perfect complexion nor fair thus I did put a lot of effort n pumped in a lot of $$ to see a skin doctor. Guess it has paid off finally...but during the period where I'm still under my doctor observation I still went for the intv..as usual fluked at round 1.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 5:16 pm

VeniE wrote:
rurik0 wrote:yea... i guess its because of wad i said! haha..... anyway now that i come to think of it, why was i so dumb to even say that...? lolz.... mb i was too nervous just now...
yeah.. once you nervous... u dun know what u're saying...

nvm... there's always next time... maybe take this few months to improve lo... :wink:

btw rurik0, have u thot of other airline?? coming sat having etihad anyway...
dont be too sad rukik0.. 6months is not a short nor long wait.. but perhaps u can take this time to improve yourself.. who knows God is giving you this period to reflect and the next recruitment,you're in!! it's not easy going this far.. think of those who didnt even make it through the 1st round.. perhaps it'll make yourself feeling better..

my cousin from SIA once told me,going an interview is basically how you bluff through.. back to the real world,isnt this phrase very practical?? how many crews are not fake?? i dont mean those people here,but theres really minorities who will spoil the image..

just say what they like to hear.. and probably you are the next lucky one