Singapore Expats Forum

Process Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singasong

to mad sientist

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:27 pm

...actually the LTSVP (at least the one for common-law spouses) is not in the responsibility of the ICA but the MOM as well as the EP application, I was told by the officer at the ICA today. At the ICA they refer to it as a dependant's pass. As such it is not their business, unless (!) the unmarried partner is a Singaporean or PR. Common-law spouses of EP pass holders are not existent in their world.

Hence the question remains, is it possible that the LTSVP application is holding up the EP application process? I guess I need to send an e-mail to MOM about it.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: to mad sientist

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:32 pm

singasong wrote:.
Hence the question remains, is it possible that the LTSVP application is holding up the EP application process?

NO

singasong

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks for a very clear response. Saves time.

x9200

Re: to mad sientist

Postby x9200 » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 6:21 am

singasong wrote:...actually the LTSVP (at least the one for common-law spouses) is not in the responsibility of the ICA but the MOM as well as the EP application, I was told by the officer at the ICA today. At the ICA they refer to it as a dependant's pass. As such it is not their business, unless (!) the unmarried partner is a Singaporean or PR. Common-law spouses of EP pass holders are not existent in their world.

Few good years ago (so many things might have changed) when I was on EP and we applied for LTSVP for my than common law wife, her 90 days visa was about to expire and we were still waiting for the outcome of the application. We did not want her to do the visa runs so we went first to MOM to ask for an extension. They sent us than to ICA and after talking to the officer we got for her two weeks extension but I had this impression that it was not a usual thing they were doing on regular basis. Your situation is also slightly different.

singasong

Postby singasong » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:09 pm

thanks,
yes that is the kind of thing I had expected the ICA to do, didn't work for me because I was relying on the "you have 30 days to leave the country" card that was terminating, rather than a tourist stay or short term visit pass, and this is apparently not extendable...