Singapore Expats Forum

Process Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 3:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How long is a piece of string?

SMS

I PM YOU. TAKE NOTE

ms
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:07 am

goby777 wrote:Both EP & DP have been approved online today.

How long it takes to receive the approval letter?

about three days to get the letter through snail mail.You got the soft copy of the letter from the approval online right?

goby777

Postby goby777 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 2:01 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:

about three days to get the letter through snail mail.You got the soft copy of the letter from the approval online right?

Thank you for reply.

No, i am only able to print the web acknowledgment page. Is the manually application the cause?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 3:07 pm

goby777 wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

Thank you for reply.

No, i am only able to print the web acknowledgment page. Is the manually application the cause?

I am not sure why u are not able to print the in principle approval letter but I was able to get a soft copy before the hard copy arrived. Actually I asked my HR to print it for me so I got it about an hour after it was approved.

Another point that I think can help you is that you should keep in mind that you need to make an appointment with MOM to get registration done so you should be aware that you are only allowed to make appointments that are scheduled after a week from your current date.

mmk123

Cancel the Employment Pass on processing

Postby mmk123 » Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:21 pm

I have known EP manual apply take time over 1 month. One company applied for me EP manually. But the status is pending. During the time, I got another company's employment, they will apply pass for me and I also prefer this company. So I want to cancel the EP on process, which is applying from the former company. How can I do that?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Cancel the Employment Pass on processing

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:03 pm

mmk123 wrote:I have known EP manual apply take time over 1 month. One company applied for me EP manually. But the status is pending. During the time, I got another company's employment, they will apply pass for me and I also prefer this company. So I want to cancel the EP on process, which is applying from the former company. How can I do that?

You have to inform the first company which has applied the EP for you to cancel the EP application request. They can withdraw the EP application and you ( the employee) cannot cancel the EP directly by communicating with MOM

Also note that these days EP approvals are not so easy. So, please think twice before you want your first employer to cancel your EP application.

FYI, two EP applications can be in process simultaneously but the approval/rejection decision is still with the MOM.

SMS or MS or Saint or KSL, correct me if any of the above is wrong.

Thanks

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Cancel the Employment Pass on processing

Postby Saint » Thu, 22 Jul 2010 3:41 pm

mmk123 wrote:I have known EP manual apply take time over 1 month. One company applied for me EP manually. But the status is pending. During the time, I got another company's employment, they will apply pass for me and I also prefer this company. So I want to cancel the EP on process, which is applying from the former company. How can I do that?

The original Company and MOM are going to really pleased with you for wasting both their valuable time and resource!

singasong

Postby singasong » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 2:24 am

EP Online is a great idea.
My new employer wanted to use it. And the appointed Admin user said he would. However he couldn't get it to work. He couldn't find anything like an "apply" icon. Under "issue" he only found his own FIN number. When he typed in my (previous) FIN number instead and pressed "search" nothing came up - we assumed he should have seen my previous employments.
We eventually gave up and applied manually now, but seeing that it indeed takes that long, I wonder whether it made sense to apply online again as soon as my employing company has worked out how to do it - in order to speed up the process?
How could I inform MOM about that duplication and withdraw the first manual application?
I couldn't find anything on the web of MOM abour prohibition of parallel applications. Thanks for answering a potentially stupid question.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 6:19 am

singasong wrote:EP Online is a great idea.
How could I inform MOM about that duplication and withdraw the first manual application?
Yes you can . It automatically removes one first

I couldn't find anything on the web of MOM abour prohibition of parallel applications. Thanks for answering a potentially stupid question.
Have your HR Call them, there is a helpline for guide
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singasong

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 7:49 am

Thankyou for the fast response,
that is good news, so I will try to call someone about EP online. Or rather ask the "Admin User" to call the Helpline. (They don't have a HR department, only 8 people in the company, it's a start-up.) Then just re-apply online.

If they delete the first application when filing a second, is that also true for a frst LTSVP application which is followed by an EP application? Do I have to assume that the LTSVP has been cancelled now?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 7:59 am

singasong wrote:Thankyou for the fast response,
that is good news, so I will try to call someone about EP online. Or rather ask the "Admin User" to call the Helpline. (They don't have a HR department, only 8 people in the company, it's a start-up.) Then just re-apply online.

If they delete the first application when filing a second, is that also true for a frst LTSVP application which is followed by an EP application? Do I have to assume that the LTSVP has been cancelled now?

LTSVP is from ICA , EP is from MOM

If you get either one first, you have to cancel the other pass personally

singasong

MOM employee on necessity to cancel 1st EP application

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:04 am

I was just called by someone from the MOM (as I had sent them an e-mail on Friday regarding our problem with the EP online account) and when I asked him whether I could simply apply for EP again (given that it eventually works online) he stated that I needed to ask my employer to withdraw/cancel the running manual application first, otherwise the second one would be ignored.

Doesn't this contravene to what you just said ? I am confused.

singasong

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:06 am

to clarify, the above concerns the case wherein you might have two running EP applications (one manually and one online) - not the case wherein one application is for LTSVP and the other one for EP.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: MOM employee on necessity to cancel 1st EP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:07 am

singasong wrote:I was just called by someone from the MOM (as I had sent them an e-mail on Friday regarding our problem with the EP online account) and when I asked him whether I could simply apply for EP again (given that it eventually works online) he stated that I needed to ask my employer to withdraw/cancel the running manual application first, otherwise the second one would be ignored.

Doesn't this contravene to what you just said ? I am confused.

The cleaner way would be to wait for the outcome of the Manual application. Or else next way should be withdraw the first manual application through a request by your employer to MOM and then submit an application Online again.

singasong

Postby singasong » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:52 pm

hm...given that I have to probably stay abroad until the approval letter arrives I might not want to risk that the EP Online application does not work after all and then the manual one would have been cancelled...