Singapore Expats Forum

Process Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
goby777

Postby goby777 » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 1:01 pm

Thank you for the reply.

So once my husband get the AIP letter, he has to fly to Singapore first (we can't leave together) and go through the final process.

Few weeks later, once my DP has been approved, then I go to Singapore?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 1:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Now that's a little clearer.

So my previous post stands. You cannot apply for or get a DP until such time as the EP has been issued. I don't think they will act on the DP until the EP is actually issued. The DP is based on the valid EP and the EP doesn't become valid until it's issued. Prior to that, it is only an AIP (Approval in Principle). It wont be issued until he arrives in Singapore and goes through the final processing.

I don't think that is correct. I have hired employees and applied for their EP and DP's for their wife and kids all at the same time. The first time I did it manually and received four receipts. The second time I did it all online.

They know that the DP app is associated with the EP app. Unless the DP has some personal trait or history, DP is granted at the same time as the EP, that is, the AIP for EP's and DP's came in the same mail.

goby777

Postby goby777 » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 1:12 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Now that's a little clearer.

So my previous post stands. You cannot apply for or get a DP until such time as the EP has been issued. I don't think they will act on the DP until the EP is actually issued. The DP is based on the valid EP and the EP doesn't become valid until it's issued. Prior to that, it is only an AIP (Approval in Principle). It wont be issued until he arrives in Singapore and goes through the final processing.

I don't think that is correct. I have hired employees and applied for their EP and DP's for their wife and kids all at the same time. The first time I did it manually and received four receipts. The second time I did it all online.

They know that the DP app is associated with the EP app. Unless the DP has some personal trait or history, DP is granted at the same time as the EP, that is, the AIP for EP's and DP's came in the same mail.

Thank you for the reply.

It will be great if the AIP for EP's and DP's came in the same mail.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 2:57 pm

SE, do you know that all were issued together or were the EP just held up until all were approved and then sent at the same time? The only reason I question is because apparently this has been looked up online so while one is pending, the DP is invalid as it can't be approved or rejected until the EP is approved or rejected. She logged in at a period of time before EP approval to check. I'm sure they know they are tied to each other, but they still have to go by the numbers.

And no, she wouldn't have to wait and come later, but just arrive on a social visit pass until the DP is issued if it didn't come at the same time, but it sounds like they will hold up the issuance of the EP until the DP is done as well, at least according to what you are saying.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 4:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:SE, do you know that all were issued together or were the EP just held up until all were approved and then sent at the same time? The only reason I question is because apparently this has been looked up online so while one is pending, the DP is invalid as it can't be approved or rejected until the EP is approved or rejected. She logged in at a period of time before EP approval to check. I'm sure they know they are tied to each other, but they still have to go by the numbers.

And no, she wouldn't have to wait and come later, but just arrive on a social visit pass until the DP is issued if it didn't come at the same time, but it sounds like they will hold up the issuance of the EP until the DP is done as well, at least according to what you are saying.

I never checked online. When I did it manually, I didn't have my EP online status set up. For the online app it took 48 hours, and I suspect that you are correct, a DP app might sit as being invalid until the EP app is approved, since they are tied together.

goby777

Postby goby777 » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:38 pm

Thank you guys for the reply.

Suppose there is nothing i can do but waiting for the outcome of EP :(

What is the longest time for Manual applications process that anyone can ever take?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:32 am

Who knows? I'm sure every body who filed for a DP/EP comes on this forum just to let us now how long it took them? FT? :roll: #-o

Now you see why the gahmen have cracked down of the ease of getting an EP/PR here. The gene pool here is low enough already, but I swear a lot of the current applicants could possibly drag it even further down. :???:

goby777

Postby goby777 » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:44 am

Thank you SMS.

I will pray hard then :roll:

Will post my status once I have any news.

goby777

Postby goby777 » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:56 pm

Just checked online

DP status becomes PENDING.

continue praying....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 1:51 pm

So it's just as I surmised then. Have you checked the EP status yet?

goby777

Postby goby777 » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 2:41 pm

EP is also pending

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 4:30 pm

At least getting closer. :wink:

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:00 am

I got my ep approved through the manual process recently(less than a month ago) and it took 5 and a half weeks.

goby777

Postby goby777 » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:14 pm

Both
Last edited by goby777 on Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:08 am

How long is a piece of string?