Singapore Expats Forum

Parents accompanying children on student pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 12 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore

Parents accompanying children on student pass

Postby arsh9900 » Sat, 29 May 2010 11:18 am


I have a strange question i guess. i have tried to find a definite answer from ICA website but it is not clear there. perhaps someone of you can help me.

My brother got accepted in NTU for MSc course starting around august/sept 2010. the thing is he wants our mother to live with her during his studies. is it possible? does ICA have any visit pass or dependent pass that mother can live with children on student pass? I am also working here but my basic salary is not 3.5K so i cant apply LTSVP for her. our mother is our only parent and she is dependent on us. the only thing i am worried about is that what if ICA does not approve her pass..she cant live alone back home. anybody can give suggestion??


User avatar
Posts: 35441
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 May 2010 11:40 am

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests