What area of Singapore is most similar to W8 in London???

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Jiwonoc

What area of Singapore is most similar to W8 in London???

Post by Jiwonoc » Fri, 28 May 2010 6:54 am

Hello! We are an American family with 3 children, age 5yrs-3yrs-6mos, who have been living in London for the past 10 years, always in Kensington SW7 & W8, and never on an expat package either :wink: ! My friends are mothers of all nationalities and I love my hood because its so easy to become friends with interesting expat mothers. I am looking for same in Singapore when we move very last minute in Aug/Sep 2010 and would appreciate any advice. My 5 yr old son is currently in reception at a traditional English all boys private school and thriving so torn as to what school he should transfer to or can even get into at such late notice. Within neighborhoods, what are the best (not most expensive) young family friendly condos/bungalows and what is average cost? We currently pay 900 pounds per week for very modern 1700 sf (signed lease June 09 when mkt dropped) in W8 of London. Hoping others who have moved from here can advise? We are moving on our dime too. Thanks in advance.

Singapore Property Search

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 28 May 2010 4:05 pm

forget about location or what hood you going to be living in, but look for a school first. it would be better to live near the school than to live in a posh area.

singapore is a small dot and a lot of places are nice to live in. there's no one place where expats lives, singapore is one big melting pot.

price wise, it can be from S$3000 to S$8000 / month. do a search on the forum as it is a common question. also, one man's mansion is another man's mud house.

have a look at this URL provided by sundaymorningstaple for schools and a lot of useful links - http://www.keynote-engineers.net/useful_links.html