Singapore Expats

company formation, dependant pass

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:43 pm

company formation, dependant pass

Post by admin0 » Tue, 25 May 2010 11:20 pm


Followup from this thread: ... ndant+pass

My wife (on DP ) works online(php/html/joomla/seo etc) and receives payments on her paypal, moneybookers and direct deposit to her local bank account. All customers are from outside and not from Singapore.

There are some clients whom want to send money to company account, and for that, from the above thread, I understand that she can just open a company in her name. As per that thread, after the expiration of my EP, she has to either appoint a local nominee director or apply for an EP for herself right?

So just ask her to register a company, maintain books/invoices/ (peachtree ?) and later hire a CPA ?

The minimum requirement is: 1 Shareholder + 1 Resident Director + 1 Company Secretary // Being on DP, if she is the resident director, can I be the secretary or the shareholder ? or we need one more person for such ?

If she continues to work online, and receive occasional payment in the company account, there is no need to apply for the EP/EntreePass ?
Is that EP/EntreePass required if she wants to take on local contracts ?


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests