Singapore Expats Forum

Why all the hush, hush? Clue me in Please!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Too Curious

Why all the hush, hush? Clue me in Please!

Postby Too Curious » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 9:29 pm

Hi does anyone know which publication that other site with the really stupid BM is affiliated with? I am just dying to know...? I wrote and asked them and got no response and posted a thread only to have it immediately deleted, even though I didn't list any magazine names...

Why is this a big secret? :roll:

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 5:17 pm

Publication...? I thought The Other Site was just a real estate business like this one.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 9:23 pm

That site is long-standing and has a lot of affiliations - some successful, some apparently not so. I get the impression they delete anything to do with anybody that competes with their advertisers, anybody they have asked to advertise that has refused, and anybody that used to advertise but has stopped doing so. I know for certain about the latter. ;)

It's all about the money, not the punters. It's nice to see this site is one of a few that is not like that.

katt

This site is so much better

Postby katt » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 9:28 pm

This site is so much better, friendlier as well. Went to the other site a few times and wasn't so comfortable with the 'atmosphere'...

To jpatokal

Postby To jpatokal » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 9:33 pm

Are you really a reporter (journalist), and if so, may I be so bold as to ask which publication you work with?

And if this is too forward then please ignore my completely nosie question. I ask because I did some regional magazine and newspaper writing in the States and have had the worst luck trying to break into the markets here.

Need advice.
:?:

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:37 pm

To jpatokal wrote:Are you really a reporter (journalist), and if so, may I be so bold as to ask which publication you work with?

And if this is too forward then please ignore my completely nosie question. I ask because I did some regional magazine and newspaper writing in the States and have had the worst luck trying to break into the markets here.

Need advice.
:?:

Thats just his title which is determined by his number of posts in the forum :)
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Dating | Forum | Property

Thanks for the info.

Postby Thanks for the info. » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 9:46 am

Thanks Pal,

Was clueless.