Singapore Expats Forum

ex work permit holder married without approval

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

foongmike

ex work permit holder married without approval

Postby foongmike » Sat, 22 May 2010 2:52 pm

My wife a ex work permit holder is from PRC.We register in China and move back and stay in Singapore.We have our new born daoghter.1 year later we were told by ICA that my wife have to leave Singapore because of the marriage restriction policy within 14 days.How long will the ban be? If my wife and me were to buy a condo range from $600k to $700k, does it help? need an answer urgently

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 3:55 pm

No it doesn't help. You would be better off investing in PRC. Once you disobey MOM they never forget. My nephew is in the same position. He and the baby are living with me, she is stuck in the Philippines. She was here originally on a 1 years LTVP and went it expired, was given 14 days to exit the country. She has been there now since Dec 2008. We have had letters from the North East Governer, 2 MP's, 2 Minister's and the former headmaster of Raffles (who was one of the Minister's teacher) and all to no avail. If you screw with MOM you might as well forget it. If you do a search of these threads, you will find another on here who has been trying for over 8 years to get his wife back here.

I'd say it's time for you to immigrate to China.