Singapore Expats Forum

Digging

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
beenthere
Regular
Regular

Digging

Postby beenthere » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:17 pm

What are the forum rules on digging up old threads? There are some to which I feel so very tempted to post.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:20 pm

Frankly we don't care at all. Matter of fact, I wish more would dig up old threads and add to them rather than starting new ones.

However, when people dredge up old threads in order to post their spam, well, we mods needs our daily target practice as well! :wink:

beenthere
Regular
Regular

Postby beenthere » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks.

And I assume the "blue" is moderator blue?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:35 pm

For me it is.

As we don't wear a different hat and the moderators are all regulars who have been called for active duty, we still are regulars and for all intents and purposes post as such, complete with the normal foibles of any regular. So when I am actually moderating I use the colour blue as a way to indicate that I am speaking with my moderator's cap on. After a while everybody knows. Same with advertising that doesn't get summarily whacked without ceremony, all here know what tic...toc...tic...toc.... means. We are aware of the post and are watching for the suspected advertiser or solicitor to show it's hand. Quite a few of our regulars know how nice the board is without all the garbage spamming so regularly send us PM's if they spot a suspected or blatant advertiser or suspected trolls, ala geerang, as they know the mods all are regular working stiffs and can't be on the board 100% of the time (though it's close).

None of the mods here have any vested interest in the board other than many years and the desire to pay it forward for the help we received from others in the past.

sms

beenthere
Regular
Regular

Postby beenthere » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:41 pm

I hear ya. I am a moderator in several other forums and I know how thankless the job can be when we all have day jobs and are volunteering our time.

I am also old enough to have seen how the old unmoderated newsgroups on usenet died a horrible death when the hoi polloi, spammers, trolls and what not got access to the internet.

I am all for moderation now.

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby raden888 » Mon, 24 May 2010 6:20 pm

Cheers to the mods!! Just wondering, whats the requirement to be mods?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 24 May 2010 7:45 pm

Old!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 May 2010 8:26 pm

Now that was really low! :tongue:

But I will agree, Plavt's really old!
:wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 May 2010 8:31 pm

raden888 wrote:Cheers to the mods!! Just wondering, whats the requirement to be mods?

Being mad as a hatter helps! :cool:

I think there's only been 7 or 8 mods total on this board since it started although I might be wrong.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 25 May 2010 1:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But I will agree, Plavt's really old! :wink:

:tongue:

Saint your time will come. :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 20 Jul 2010 1:59 pm

raden888 wrote:Cheers to the mods!! Just wondering, whats the requirement to be mods?
Over 65 years old :lol: :P & bold as in bold not bald :wink: being mad as a hatter helps :cool: Though the cigarettes are uncool

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”