Singapore Expats

Former S Pass holder thingking of applying LPR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
reginatiti

Former S Pass holder thingking of applying LPR

Post by reginatiti » Fri, 21 May 2010 8:59 pm

Hi, I am an indonesian female aged 24. I have lived in Singapore from 2005 to 2010. I started as a student pursuing diploma studies in a singapore private intitution under student's pass from 2005 until 2008. I was then employed as an administrator for an SME company for 4 months under S Pass in 2008. I decided to go back to complete my full bachelor studies in the falll 2008 as it was a very suitable course for me available at that time, and I was granted the student pass again. I pursued the degree from Sept 2008 to March 2010. I did plan to apply for the LPR after my degree complete results are announced which should be around May 2010. But the school told us there would be a delay from the university and the official trancripts will only be available around September 2010.

Shortly before my degree completion in March, I found a job with another SME (though it is a larger one this time) and was approved for S Pass.

Sadly, just after these few days with the company, I have to relocate back to Indonesia for a few months due to unforseen family matters. And by the way, I was training under the S Pass notification letter that allows applicant to start employment pending card collection, so I havn't actually gone to the work pass centre for photo and fingerprint registration.

My question is, what are my chances of the in principle approval PR if I apply around October 2010?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 22 May 2010 5:54 pm

Given the time and the situation , I would say slim. You can try but be prepared for rejection. 90% are rejected anyway for a PR.
I would advise to give yourself two years then try to apply or wait after the election
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ajiao

Post by ajiao » Thu, 27 May 2010 2:35 am

thats fast man!

ajiao

Post by ajiao » Thu, 27 May 2010 2:36 am

can i ask..was your S pass approve on first attempt? how long did it take?

reginatiti

Post by reginatiti » Sun, 06 Jun 2010 3:51 pm

What if I apply for EPEC instead? Will the approval chance be higher?

Will it help if I submit a cover letter explaining the situation to MOM?

And if the EPEC is rejected, will it impact any future applications, like say regular work pass, LPR, etc?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:02 pm

reginatiti wrote:What if I apply for EPEC instead? Will the approval chance be higher?

Will it help if I submit a cover letter explaining the situation to MOM?

And if the EPEC is rejected, will it impact any future applications, like say regular work pass, LPR, etc?
PR application is thru ICA and EPEC is thru MOM

Yes, you can try EPEC , it is worth a try.

On the rejection part honestly I do not know.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:23 pm

Having a EPEC rejected doesn't impact anything at all. It just means your university/degree isn't a pre-vetted one by MOM so therefore they cannot pre-qualify your academic qualifications. Nothing more.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers