Singapore Expats

IPad Singapore Price

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

IPad Singapore Price

Post by DimWit Kid » Thu, 20 May 2010 10:46 pm

Anyone got an inside scoop on whether this will be sold via telco only (ala iPhone first launch)? And what price when it's finally here in Jul?

pixfirewall
Regular
Regular

Re: IPad Sg Price

Post by pixfirewall » Tue, 25 May 2010 4:06 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:Anyone got an inside scoop on whether this will be sold via telco only (ala iPhone first launch)? And what price when it's finally here in Jul?
I don't think so since this will compete head on with the netbooks out there...maybe a promo from the telco carrier would be nice to match your new phone plan with an iphone and ipad...

Maybe try going to lucky plaza..I see lots of Ipad display there at the basement...not sure how much is the price or where its made...
pixfirewall
IM & email: [email protected]

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 7:34 pm

I'm currently abroad so I can't check myself (well, I could call I guess...), but do the official Mac stores in Singapore carry the iPad in stock or is it mail-order only?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 8:03 pm

aster wrote:I'm currently abroad so I can't check myself (well, I could call I guess...), but do the official Mac stores in Singapore carry the iPad in stock or is it mail-order only?
http://store.apple.com/sg/browse/home/s ... amily/ipad

official brick and mortar stores should be the same.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks, but is it generally in stock in Apple stores? Or is it like with the Magic Mouse, where you could get it online but none of the stores had it in stock?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 11:21 am

aster wrote:Thanks, but is it generally in stock in Apple stores? Or is it like with the Magic Mouse, where you could get it online but none of the stores had it in stock?
Not a single iPad in stock at any stores for another 10 days or so, online is about 18 days delivery!

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks! What madness... :)

I'm set to return to Sing on the 16th and was hoping to get one, but it seems like iPad madness still hasn't passed...

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 1:43 am

Almost a week down the road... have things improved? Is it possible to buy the damn thing in an Apple store or are they still "awaiting stock"?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 2:16 am

aster wrote:Almost a week down the road... have things improved? Is it possible to buy the damn thing in an Apple store or are they still "awaiting stock"?
at that rate, the android army would've already reached the beach head!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 4:39 pm

Was in EpiCenter in Wheelock recently and they had some for sale.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 30 Oct 2010 5:19 pm

Anyone rate the ipad!

The latest on price is the USA, Hong Kong and Singapore are the cheapest Countries, this is based on the fact China where it is made are lower paid, than most other countries, so Hong Kong easy get there hands on it too. According to the economist.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 4:32 pm

US still has the best prices I believe, don't know about China though...

Anyone know if they have iPads in stock at Changi nowadays are are they still selling like hotcakes?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 4:43 pm

aster wrote:US still has the best prices I believe, don't know about China though...

Anyone know if they have iPads in stock at Changi nowadays are are they still selling like hotcakes?
Hong Kong and USA is same price so it was launched inthe manufacturing Country China at the USA price, due to lower incomes than Europe and a larger target market. Europe had different rates of GST to pass on which made it relatively expensive in Germany and Scandinavia

Though I do know that some Countries get better discount purchase as suppliers know they must add the GST in Europe so some really expensive Countries actually get a cheaper buying in price, because of high GST,

macbooksingapore

Post by macbooksingapore » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 6:33 pm

If the USD currency keeps falling, then it make sense to buy from US and ship back to Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:31 pm

^^^^^

tic....toc....tic....toc.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers