Singapore Expats

Trying To Conceive (TTC) - Lubricants and Dryness Issues...

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
mohan02

Trying To Conceive (TTC) - Lubricants and Dryness Issues...

Post by mohan02 » Wed, 19 May 2010 7:37 pm

What is the prevelance of women suffering from dryness, especially women who are trying to conceive.

I have read widely that all commercially available lubricants are harmful to sperms and may contribute to infertility further while trying to alleviate the dryness issue.

What are your thoughts...

bhava24

Post by bhava24 » Wed, 19 May 2010 8:05 pm

My sister-in-law was adviced by her gyne against using ordinary lubricant like KY Jelly. Her gyne in Thomson Medical Center prescribed her Conceive Plus. It is supposed to be meant for couples trying for a baby. The problem is she can only get it from the clinic and it seems it is not available in the pharmacies here.

I have heard of another lubricant called Pre~seed which is available in the pharmacies like Guardian.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: Trying To Conceive (TTC) - Lubricants and Dryness Issues

Post by QRM » Wed, 19 May 2010 9:42 pm

mohan02 wrote:I have read widely that all commercially available lubricants are harmful to sperms and may contribute to infertility further while trying to alleviate the dryness issue.

What are your thoughts...

How about good old fashion foreplay? :shock:

mohan02

Post by mohan02 » Wed, 19 May 2010 10:48 pm

Hi QRM,

:D That's a great suggestion.....but sadly for those affected it does not seem so simple and straightforward.

If it was that simple it would not be surfacing as such a prominent occurance at such high percentages in various studies. I believe there is a strong link to the psychological stress that couples are generally subjected to once the concept of infertility creeps into the lifestyle. It is no more as simple as just having sex for fun, but rather a big stressful burden to overcome. If you talk to anxious couples TTC, both guys and gals, you will realise that it is a different ball game altogether.

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

dryness?

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 2:44 pm

do it in the shower. KY Jelly is waterbased or get a sexier man
John Williamson

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 7:18 pm

Well, most of the respondents seem to not understand the situation. It has nothing to do with how sexy the man is, whether foreplay has occurred, or how interested the woman is. Some women's bodies simply do not provide sufficient lubrication. Nor is water a good lubricant for intercourse.

You have heard correctly. Most products such as KY change the Ph of the vagina such that it is "hostile" to sperm and they work almost as well as other birth control methods.

The "Pre-Seed" brand is designed for women who wish to become pregnant. It is available from Amazon. I can't say if they will ship to Singapore but it seems worth trying. I don't think Singapore would ban it but some items can't be shipped from the USA by Amazon.

We had similar issues when we were wanting a baby. My wife was more "wet" at the peak of her fertility and that helped. Since menopause, though, we've had more problems with lubrication as some of the lubricants themselves can cause irritation.

Wishing you success!

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you scarbowl for posting a proper response. Perhaps the OP could ask her local pharmacist what the local equivalent to Pre-seed is, if it is indeed not available here. I wouldn't bother asking just a regular pharmacy employee though, they're likely to say "out of stock" lol. That's what I'd do, for what it's worth. Good luck, I hope you conceive soon!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 9:43 am

Poodlek and Scarbowl,

Its just that this post had all the hallmarks of a covert spam advert, which are normally deleted or the the spammer is given a bit of a piss take run.

Its does seem strange that after the initial post someone ( normally found to be an inbred relative of OP ) decides it's their life long ambition to log on, register and make one post about a certain product and then disappear.

Now that the double glazing sales man and his side kick seems to have packed their suitcase and moved to another pavement, we can go on with the interesting topic.

Interesting because its opens up a whole area of cultural difference, in Africa the Rolling Stones album "slippery when wet" is not appreciated. They have bedroom products that do the total opposite, some people even use sand, newspaper shreds, and talcum to help with experience. Driza-Bone could well be missing a great marketing opportunity in Africa.

Last edited by QRM on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

dryness

Post by JWilliamson » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:05 am

Many women are not familiar with their bodies and how to feel pleasure. so they get nervous and dont lubricate themselfs. many women cant even have an orgasm.
John Williamson

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:10 am

QRM wrote:Its just that this post had all the hallmarks of a covert spam advert, which are normally deleted or the the spammer is given a bit of a piss take run.
IIRC, OP was indeed a spammer.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:11 am

More times than not, it's the man who just doesn't know HOW to read a woman, being caught up more in himself than in his partner.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

dryness

Post by JWilliamson » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:18 am

True ofcourse both have to be in tune, both can learn from each other.
John Williamson

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:33 pm

Crikey I must be desperate digging up an old thread! changed my mind and deleted the post :P

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:46 pm

ksl wrote:Crikey I must be desperate digging up an old thread! changed my mind and deleted the post :P
ksl,

I was surprised to see this... I wouldn't think you'd have issues with TTC. :P
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

missyqiqi
Regular
Regular

Re: dryness

Post by missyqiqi » Tue, 20 Dec 2016 9:49 am

JWilliamson wrote:Many women are not familiar with their bodies and how to feel pleasure. so they get nervous and dont lubricate themselfs. many women cant even have an orgasm.
haha very true with this. maybe its asian too.

i mean i am still quite uncomfortable with buying even ky jelly from retail stores.
lol. for a long time now, i am buying them online. even when i can be using ky jelly for other non-sexual reasons

this is my ky jelly online buying. HAHAHA
http://seniorcare.com.sg/product/durex- ... lubricant/