Singapore Expats Forum

BBC'S 'Aaron' wears me out!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

BBC'S 'Aaron' wears me out!

Postby ozchick » Tue, 18 May 2010 9:03 pm

Does anyone know the guy I'm referring to? He's one of their business / finance reporters and he's an Aussie but I'd hate to be trying to understand him if I were not an Aussie. Damn and all he speaks so quickly and loud! And with his eyes almost popping out of his head, and incredible facial expressions and arms waving around etc. Jeezaloo how does he settle down to sleep at night? :shock: I get exhausted just watching him!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

raden888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon, 08 Feb 2010

Postby raden888 » Tue, 18 May 2010 10:06 pm

Hey.. whats with the rant. Did you like ask him out on a date and got shown the finger or something... Just chill darl :P

missis
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: Holland Road/6th Ave

Postby missis » Wed, 19 May 2010 9:20 am

He is annoying though. Haven't seen him for while - is he still that tangerine colour?

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Fri, 21 May 2010 5:34 pm

raden888 wrote:Hey.. whats with the rant. Did you like ask him out on a date and got shown the finger or something... Just chill darl :P


Oi! I like to rest, not get a work-out when I'm watching TV! And it's not a rant. I'll give YOU rant! :wink:
It's simply an observation that I'd like to share with anyone familiar with the guy. It's quite amusing really. You're just in the dark Raden and that's why you're a little lost on all this, DARL! :love:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Fri, 21 May 2010 5:49 pm

missis wrote:He is annoying though. Haven't seen him for while - is he still that tangerine colour?


Yeah sort of......but :lol:....watch the link below. I just found this on Youtube. The child in the family of the interview he's doing has his fingers in his ears!!!
Drag the timer up to 4.08 minutes. It's a long interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnyOI3lIuw
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 21 May 2010 7:07 pm

ozchick wrote:
missis wrote:He is annoying though. Haven't seen him for while - is he still that tangerine colour?


Yeah sort of......but :lol:....watch the link below. I just found this on Youtube. The child in the family of the interview he's doing has his fingers in his ears!!!
Drag the timer up to 4.08 minutes. It's a long interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnyOI3lIuw


Yep he's got that annoying scream, that's what the kid cannot tolerate. Good old gossip thread for aged mothers I must say! I think he's a Boy George fan :wink: :) Definately not Village People! :P what do you say luv?
Does he ever switch off?

raden888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon, 08 Feb 2010

Postby raden888 » Fri, 21 May 2010 11:26 pm

He's Aussie ???. I thought he's accent is more Londonish , he doesn't have a real ocher accent :wink:

The other guy that was annoying was Richard Quest he hosted the business traveler and other programs on CNN. I always thought he was too hyper like on drugs or something!!

ksl wrote: I think he's a Boy George fan :wink: :) Definately not Village People! :P what do you say luv?
Does he ever switch off?


Me thinks he camps it up in SOHO ,luv :)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005

Postby earthfriendly » Sun, 23 May 2010 7:52 am

OP, you have apparently not met Cramerica? My eyes nearly popped out the first time I saw him on tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aqcTR-lRsE

User avatar
Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon, 07 Mar 2005
Location: Still looking for Paradise

Postby Global Citizen » Sun, 23 May 2010 9:50 pm

raden888 wrote:The other guy that was annoying was Richard Quest he hosted the business traveler and other programs on CNN. I always thought he was too hyper like on drugs or something!!


Spot on! :lol: He must be on speed or something.


edited to add: Guess what! We weren't far off in our assumption. I googled him and this is what I found from Wiki. Wouldn't surprise me at all that he's still doing it!

Personal life

On 18 April 2008, Quest was arrested at 3:40am in Central Park, New York City, and charged with loitering and criminal possession of a controlled substance: crystal methamphetamine.[1] He subsequently entered a drug rehabilitation facility.[2]
One man's meat is another's poison.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Mon, 24 May 2010 6:33 pm

ksl wrote:
ozchick wrote:
missis wrote:He is annoying though. Haven't seen him for while - is he still that tangerine colour?


Yeah sort of......but :lol:....watch the link below. I just found this on Youtube. The child in the family of the interview he's doing has his fingers in his ears!!!
Drag the timer up to 4.08 minutes. It's a long interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnyOI3lIuw


Yep he's got that annoying scream, that's what the kid cannot tolerate. Good old gossip thread for aged mothers I must say! I think he's a Boy George fan :wink: :) Definately not Village People! :P what do you say luv?
Does he ever switch off?


Good old gossip thread for aged mothers I must say!
Well yeah...that's me! :) Oh?! And his bent....mm...I never really thought about that? But yeah for a change, you're probably right Kayser! :wink: Mm...gonna check for the wedding ring. And no he never seems to switch off....I never saw him on Oz TV. Dunno where they dug him up from.
I watched that Cramerica clip just now. Well that IS just a circus! Ooh...stressful viewing I reckon.........
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest