Singapore Expats

PR unsuccessful

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 1:19 pm

asksaurav wrote:An update:

Got my P1 EP renewed and subsequently got my PEP approved for 5 years..

Well Continuing the discussion and looking at the past 6 months it is clear that almost all PR is being rejected ..
I do understand that lots of ppl have misused the PR system to gamble on Realty market..Good thing is govt is weeding out the abusers with stringent requirements on buying and selling..Atleast it makes space for ppl who are serious to settle down here
Not all are rejected. Genuine applicants who have stayed more than 2 years in SG and with a good basic salary with their families in SG, still are getting thier PR's approved.

Most people who get their PR approved, do not come to the forum to post it.

Mostly applicants who have had it rejected come here asking for suggestion. just my few cents

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:14 pm

singaporeflyer wrote: Most people who get their PR approved, do not come to the forum to post it.

Mostly applicants who have had it rejected come here asking for suggestion. just my few cents
Well spotted. Some people try to get too much information of "biased statistics"

It reminds me a history about a park in Spain that was supposed to be a gathering point for "bad people" (drug dealers and so). So the Town Council made an survey to see if the people was worried or not about the safety. The answer was an overwhelming NO!

Well, as the survey was conducted in the park, the chances of interviewing people that found the park a dangerous place are close to 0 (they would stay at home)

So here is the same case. Someone that got his PR approved, won't jump in the forum just to say, "Hi! I got my PR!", but most of rejected people, as you, came here looking for help. So not a valid statistic AT ALL

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:15 pm

asksaurav wrote: Good thing is govt is weeding out the abusers with stringent requirements on buying and selling..Atleast it makes space for ppl who are serious to settle down here
Yes, that's one of the reason why you were rejected. You were one of these abusers, reading which were your reasons for getting the PR