Singapore Expats

Charity in Singapore that collects 2nd hand clothes

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
jrome

Charity in Singapore that collects 2nd hand clothes

Post by jrome » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:53 am

Hi,

I have gone through my things and there is a lot of clothes or house cloth that I don't use any more. Next step: what to do with them!
Do you know of charities or similar organization in Singapore that collect them ?

Thanks
Jerome

x9200

Re: Charity in Singapore that collects 2nd hand clothes

Post by x9200 » Sat, 15 May 2010 12:43 pm

jrome wrote:Hi,

I have gone through my things and there is a lot of clothes or house cloth that I don't use any more. Next step: what to do with them!
Do you know of charities or similar organization in Singapore that collect them ?
Salvation Army. They used to have some drop-boxes in few places around but not sure about current location.

jrome

Post by jrome » Sat, 15 May 2010 1:52 pm

Salvation Army, of course!
Thanks x9200

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 May 2010 3:31 pm

We usually collect from our estate (HDB) and give the male clothing to the Estate Maintenance crews if the stuff is in good shape and not rags. At a salary of around 600/mo they appreciate it.

Of course if you are 1.95 M tall or weight 120kg it might not be too good, but as I'm average asian size it works pretty good.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers