Singapore Expats Forum

Mistake on EP application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pumpkin2010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 11 May 2010

Mistake on EP application

Postby Pumpkin2010 » Fri, 14 May 2010 4:09 pm

Hi - hope someone can me give their thoughts / experience on an EP application matter.

I completed all the sections on my EP application, provided copies of all my certificates to my employer and they submitted the application online. A letter of confirmation was issued however when I checked it the HR dept had completed it incorrectly. I immediately informed HR and obviously try to claim it was my fault! Anyway, they said they would send a letter to the MOM and this would sort the matter and no need to make a new application.

I plan to obtain a copy of the letter so I can take it along with me before I sign the declaration.

Does the letter correcting the mistake sound okay? Is this sufficient?

Am keen to sort of the EP as soon as possible so I can sign a Tenancy Agreement.

amarettoSour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 21 Oct 2009

Postby amarettoSour » Fri, 14 May 2010 9:16 pm

logically speaking i think it depends on what mistake.. is it serious enough that it would have affected the approval of your EP?

when i applied for my EP, it was initially rejected because i had put a "diploma" under qualification instead of bachelor's of science, which is what i have. after the correction was submitted my EP was approved within a week or so.

Pumpkin2010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 11 May 2010

Postby Pumpkin2010 » Fri, 14 May 2010 11:30 pm

HR dept swapped over the details of my degree and masters. They stated my degree with the dates of when I did my masters.

By the sounds of it, given MOM sent an in-principle letter based on my degree when I have a masters, would be a good sign.

Just dislike the idea of having to sign a declaration with incorrect details, despite supporting letter.

Thank :)

...now just need to arrive and deal with finding an apartment...
(don't even get me started with the shipping!!) :???:

pedrito
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2010

Postby pedrito » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:10 pm

Have the same problem, approved but one my degrees has a wrong start date (+1 year)

Hope a letter will do or just telling them when I collect my EP.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:43 pm

pedrito wrote:Have the same problem, approved but one my degrees has a wrong start date (+1 year)

Hope a letter will do or just telling them when I collect my EP.


Your employer needs to submit a letter and they would reconsider the application again. Mostly you should get it I feel.. Good Luck !

Mgh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby Mgh » Thu, 22 Nov 2018 5:43 pm

Hello!

I know this is an old thread but it's kind of what I'm facing today.

My EP is approved and I have my IPA. However I noticed an error in my declaration form. The mistake is the name of the college I attended. I have flagged this to my employer and awaiting a reply.

In your experience does this require resubmission of the EP application or is it a small mistake that can be solved by sending MoM a letter?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Nov 2018 6:43 pm

Mgh wrote:Hello!

I know this is an old thread but it's kind of what I'm facing today.

My EP is approved and I have my IPA. However I noticed an error in my declaration form. The mistake is the name of the college I attended. I have flagged this to my employer and awaiting a reply.

In your experience does this require resubmission of the EP application or is it a small mistake that can be solved by sending MoM a letter?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!


Surely need to update MOM and it is NOT a small mistake.

Mgh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby Mgh » Fri, 23 Nov 2018 7:52 am

Thanks @singaporeflyer

I'd just like to clarify something. For Indian applicants we fill up the
awarding body/university/institution first. That's usually found in the drop-down menus.
My degree certificate is from this university. Recognized by Singapore. That is filled in correctly. (phew)

The mistake is in the main campus or affiliating college attended.
Usually not found in the drop-down menus and has to be manually entered.

Which is why I was hoping it might not be too serious.
Regardless, I wouldn't take anything MoM related lightly. I'd never sign a declaration with incorrect information. It's stuff like this that comes back to haunt you down the line!

Still waiting for HR to get back to me. Wish me luck :)

ashfaq95
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 26 Aug 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:23 pm

I'm formerly 2nd gen PR. Employer applied s-pass on sep2018 and got ipa few days back. But while applying they forget to tick that i have been formery PR, and i found that after receiving IPA.

I intimated employer and they are ought to talk to MOM. During application assesing, MOM asked my singapore birth certificate, older passport and school details.While checking pass status i used to search by entering my nric. They would have know that am a formerly PR. Even all are done successfully and got IPA in hand. My question is will MOM ask to re-apply or for a letter.

Advise are appreciated.!
Last edited by ashfaq95 on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:25 pm

ashfaq95 wrote:I'm formerly 2nd gen PR. Employer applied s-pass on sep2018 and got ipa few days back. But while applying they forget to tick that i have been formery PR, and i found that after receiving IPA.

I intimated employer and they are ought to talk to MOM. During application assesing, MOM asked my singapore birth certificate, older passport and school details.They would have know that am a formerly PR. Even all are done successfully and got IPA in hand. My question is will MOM ask to re-apply or for a letter.

Advise are appreciated.!


Did you complete your 2 years of NS?

ashfaq95
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 26 Aug 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:34 pm

No,because my PR expire at 14. I mailed to MINDEF and cleared that i am not liable. But i can declare to do my NS if i get PR in future.

ashfaq95
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 26 Aug 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:35 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ashfaq95 wrote:I'm formerly 2nd gen PR. Employer applied s-pass on sep2018 and got ipa few days back. But while applying they forget to tick that i have been formery PR, and i found that after receiving IPA.

I intimated employer and they are ought to talk to MOM. During application assesing, MOM asked my singapore birth certificate, older passport and school details.They would have know that am a formerly PR. Even all are done successfully and got IPA in hand. My question is will MOM ask to re-apply or for a letter.

Advise are appreciated.!


Did you complete your 2 years of NS?


No,because my PR expire at my age 14. I mailed to MINDEF and cleared that i am not liable. But i can declare to do my NS if i get PR in future.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:58 pm

ashfaq95 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
ashfaq95 wrote:I'm formerly 2nd gen PR. Employer applied s-pass on sep2018 and got ipa few days back. But while applying they forget to tick that i have been formery PR, and i found that after receiving IPA.

I intimated employer and they are ought to talk to MOM. During application assesing, MOM asked my singapore birth certificate, older passport and school details.They would have know that am a formerly PR. Even all are done successfully and got IPA in hand. My question is will MOM ask to re-apply or for a letter.

Advise are appreciated.!


Did you complete your 2 years of NS?


No,because my PR expire at my age 14. I mailed to MINDEF and cleared that i am not liable. But i can declare to do my NS if i get PR in future.


90% ur EP application should be OK.

ashfaq95
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 26 Aug 2018

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:10 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ashfaq95 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Did you complete your 2 years of NS?


No,because my PR expire at my age 14. I mailed to MINDEF and cleared that i am not liable. But i can declare to do my NS if i get PR in future.


90% ur EP application should be OK.


Means, Will MOM just ask a letter?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Mistake on EP application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:14 pm

ashfaq95 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
ashfaq95 wrote:
No,because my PR expire at my age 14. I mailed to MINDEF and cleared that i am not liable. But i can declare to do my NS if i get PR in future.


90% ur EP application should be OK.


Means, Will MOM just ask a letter?


What letter? Has your employer informed MOM about this mistake?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests