Singapore Expats Forum

Mistake on EP application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pumpkin2010

Mistake on EP application

Postby Pumpkin2010 » Fri, 14 May 2010 4:09 pm

Hi - hope someone can me give their thoughts / experience on an EP application matter.

I completed all the sections on my EP application, provided copies of all my certificates to my employer and they submitted the application online. A letter of confirmation was issued however when I checked it the HR dept had completed it incorrectly. I immediately informed HR and obviously try to claim it was my fault! Anyway, they said they would send a letter to the MOM and this would sort the matter and no need to make a new application.

I plan to obtain a copy of the letter so I can take it along with me before I sign the declaration.

Does the letter correcting the mistake sound okay? Is this sufficient?

Am keen to sort of the EP as soon as possible so I can sign a Tenancy Agreement.

amarettoSour
Regular
Regular

Postby amarettoSour » Fri, 14 May 2010 9:16 pm

logically speaking i think it depends on what mistake.. is it serious enough that it would have affected the approval of your EP?

when i applied for my EP, it was initially rejected because i had put a "diploma" under qualification instead of bachelor's of science, which is what i have. after the correction was submitted my EP was approved within a week or so.

Pumpkin2010

Postby Pumpkin2010 » Fri, 14 May 2010 11:30 pm

HR dept swapped over the details of my degree and masters. They stated my degree with the dates of when I did my masters.

By the sounds of it, given MOM sent an in-principle letter based on my degree when I have a masters, would be a good sign.

Just dislike the idea of having to sign a declaration with incorrect details, despite supporting letter.

Thank :)

...now just need to arrive and deal with finding an apartment...
(don't even get me started with the shipping!!) :???:

pedrito

Postby pedrito » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:10 pm

Have the same problem, approved but one my degrees has a wrong start date (+1 year)

Hope a letter will do or just telling them when I collect my EP.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:43 pm

pedrito wrote:Have the same problem, approved but one my degrees has a wrong start date (+1 year)

Hope a letter will do or just telling them when I collect my EP.

Your employer needs to submit a letter and they would reconsider the application again. Mostly you should get it I feel.. Good Luck !