Singapore Expats Forum

WET PHONE

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 17 May 2010 6:10 pm

Yes Mad Scientist you were spot on ! Phone is FINE! Don’t tell me- you happily chopped up frogs in your year 9 science class! He he… I’m learning here. Gonna take both batteries and this printed page with me.
And yeah Nakatago the old simcard is fine and working a treat. But dinosaur phone is gonna be repaid with original battery soon depending on the cost for a new one for Lazarus! It’s like having a spare tyre for the car I guess. With my history I ‘shouldn’t travel without one’!
And S.E. I'm never gonna be a science person. I just don't like the subject at all. If a light switch doesn't work, I'll check the globe maybe.... but I remember all sorts of boring stuff to do with litmus paper and bunson burners and positives and negatives and neutron thingies and horrible facts and tables and ...ooh...it gives me a headache!
Gonna be in town tomorrow so will get some more education. Calling Nokia first then will do the funan gig. Next thing you know people will be asking me for advice! :o
That was a joke guys!!! Thanks all!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 17 May 2010 9:04 pm

So, you still need to buy a new battery because lazarus phone's battery is not up to snuff? If dinosaur is as at old as I think it is, there's a chance that there are no more batteries for it in production or for sale. FYI, there are very cheap brand new phones in 7-eleven (I think sixtyish). May want to compare the cost of those vs. a "rare" battery. Just saying it's an option.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 18 May 2010 4:15 am

ozchick wrote:Yes Mad Scientist you were spot on ! Phone is FINE! Don’t tell me- you happily chopped up frogs in your year 9 science class! He he… I’m learning

Nah !! I was in Year 7 dissecting my pet cat and putting wire lead on its temple to see how high it can go up the ceiling when the battery is connected:lol:
Those oldies that you got, if you still want to save it, SIM LIM is the best place to look for
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 18 May 2010 9:38 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Those oldies that you got, if you still want to save it, SIM LIM is the best place to look for

I bought a third-party battery for my phone there because my current battery is down to half its original life. The newly-bought battery is half the current battery which is a quarter of the original battery life!

But to be fair, the newly-bought battery didn't have a mAh rating and costs 1/3 an original battery. Waddya expect?

I'll just probably put something together so I could use the new battery as an external battery pack.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 18 May 2010 5:23 pm

nakatago wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Those oldies that you got, if you still want to save it, SIM LIM is the best place to look for

I bought a third-party battery for my phone there because my current battery is down to half its original life. The newly-bought battery is half the current battery which is a quarter of the original battery life!

But to be fair, the newly-bought battery didn't have a mAh rating and costs 1/3 an original battery. Waddya expect?

I'll just probably put something together so I could use the new battery as an external battery pack.

Yeah , I understand what you mean. There are twp type of battery cell use on mobile phone. Nickel Cadmium NiCd or Nickel Metal Hydrite NiMh
Though your Voltage maybe exact to the original one , the rating, tolerance and the type of battery cell makes alot of difference
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 18 May 2010 5:35 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Yeah , I understand what you mean. There are twp type of battery cell use on mobile phone. Nickel Cadmium NiCd or Nickel Metal Hydrite NiMh
Though your Voltage maybe exact to the original one , the rating, tolerance and the type of battery cell makes alot of difference

NiCd are supposed to be not in use anymore because of the cadmium. And those cheap batteries aren't really labeled except for voltage and which phone they're supposed to be used for. No regrets on my part though, because it was all an experiment for me anyways.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 18 May 2010 9:13 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
ozchick wrote:Yes Mad Scientist you were spot on ! Phone is FINE! Don’t tell me- you happily chopped up frogs in your year 9 science class! He he… I’m learning

Nah !! I was in Year 7 dissecting my pet cat and putting wire lead on its temple to see how high it can go up the ceiling when the battery is connected

OMG! You really ARE a mad scientist! Ooh I don't feel good. My brother used to catch house flies alive and put them in the web of the resident black spider on our verandah. Then he'd watch them being caught and eaten! It's just so grose! Orrrrrrr.......................................gonna have nightmares now........orrrrrrr..........................................
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'