Singapore Expats

Entry-level Expatriate Salary Expectations

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:05 am

sarinho,

I don't want to be another one to burst your bubble, but your written English looks like you wrote it in Turkish or German and then put it into Babelfish.com and let it do the translation. It is virtually incomprehensible. If you speak the way you write, then you are going to have a very, very difficult time trying to land a job here. The only language that you have, that can be used here is English and the average Singaporean has a hard enough time with normal English from a Native English Speaker. Lord knows how they are going to understand you. I am having a hard time as well. I've would have to agree with beppi. You English may well be good by Turkish standards, but by a native English speaker standards, it does leave a lot to be desired, regardless of what you personally might think.

At to how Singaporeans and Employers view Turkish people? The same as everybody else. If you come across as "I know it all" and "I the best at what I do" they are not going to like you one bit. On the other hand, if you give them props they will more than meet you half way.

Why would writing in German have anything to do with not having PM facilities yet? You are aware that there are online translator for the various languages don't you? Of course, if you German was as bad as beppi said it was, it would definitely throw the translator as well, I suppose.

Before you come to Singapore, be sure to take a strong dose of humility. It will get you a lot further here.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:21 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:sarinho,

I don't want to be another one to burst your bubble, but your written English looks like you wrote it in Turkish or German and then put it into Babelfish.com and let it do the translation. It is virtually incomprehensible. If you speak the way you write, then you are going to have a very, very difficult time trying to land a job here. The only language that you have, that can be used here is English and the average Singaporean has a hard enough time with normal English from a Native English Speaker. Lord knows how they are going to understand you. I am having a hard time as well. I've would have to agree with beppi. You English may well be good by Turkish standards, but by a native English speaker standards, it does leave a lot to be desired, regardless of what you personally might think.

At to how Singaporeans and Employers view Turkish people? The same as everybody else. If you come across as "I know it all" and "I the best at what I do" they are not going to like you one bit. On the other hand, if you give them props they will more than meet you half way.

Why would writing in German have anything to do with not having PM facilities yet? You are aware that there are online translator for the various languages don't you? Of course, if you German was as bad as beppi said it was, it would definitely throw the translator as well, I suppose.

Before you come to Singapore, be sure to take a strong dose of humility. It will get you a lot further here.

sms
i am really confused when i read your recent propositions!!!

first of all i would like to provide some clarifications in the theme of my skills in languages....

Englısh is an universal language in how people learn and use completely the same rules either in speaking and writing. In that fact we do not have another way in learning English in Turkey ( impossible even thinking in standarts as to different locations )......or could we say that in turkey academic staffs teach on another form!!!!
i suppose its all about how we would to choose using speaking or writing....its not a deficiency or mistake....

I have never had an approach by the people who i have associated in my business life such i have now in this recent matter....they were english,american,german,....etc and more anothers form different nationalities.
I never apply the way taking pride both in my skills and knowledges....only prefer stating what i can execute more....

it is all clear what i indicate in my sentences and statements...there are no dissensions in all.
And i never use associate editors such as translations.....everything is so clear and logical....no need for such services

By the way i know many dopes related of Russian people who are at intermediate level in their languages with middle level profession levels obtaining good life conditions....there ıs no concern about all there...time is ticking away and people live their life accordingly.

Also let me inform more about how Turkish people are taken into consideration as treatment!....could we say equivalent to Asians or on another ?

Regards

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 9:10 am

sarinho wrote:

Now you know how we feel trying to read your posts!!! :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sarinho wrote:

SMS have you been propositioning this forumer? Isn't that improper conduct for a Mod? :shock:

PS: Disclaimer: I only read the last post and couldn't help myself.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:57 am

I laugh out loud whenever the word "dopes" is used in this thread.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:19 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:
SMS have you been propositioning this forumer? Isn't that improper conduct for a Mod? :shock:
Who? Me? :P :wink:
intellectualsmuse wrote:
PS: Disclaimer: I only read the last post and couldn't help myself.
You really need to read his posts in both threads. :???:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 6:03 pm

sarinho wrote:

sms

Englısh is an universal language in how people learn and use completely the same rules either in speaking and writing. In that fact we do not have another way in learning English in Turkey ( impossible even thinking in standarts as to different locations )......or could we say that in turkey academic staffs teach on another form!!!!
And i never use associate editors such as translations.....everything is so clear and logical....no need for such services
Regards
Sarinho

SMS comment does intend to criticize you in any manner,shape or form as such please do not be offended. He is putting it across to you on the way you wrote your post which is rather incomprehensible by many here including myself. We are not trying to ridicule you but if you read your post again , the context is rather odd and the usage of the vocabulary , verb, noun and tense does not co-exist to reflect its meaning .
Ifind it hard to understand what you are trying to imply or relate. It is better that you write in plain simple English and we can help you out in whatever queries that you have.
I do not want to argue with you about the Universal Language or how it is being taught. Just to point out to you , if you need help , please speak in plain penguin :D
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 6:37 pm

Sorry Sarinho, I have to agree with sms, Mad Scientist and others who have pointed out your poor English; your grammar, punctuation and spelling are atrocious.

While I am not perfect, I live amongst a good number of Turks and they write better than that..........

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sarinho wrote:

yes ...i am confused in that you could not understand all completely!
all in my propositions are so clear and understandable....

is there anyone else who say its all not understandable!!!!!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:10 pm

sarinho wrote: yes ...i am confused in that you could not understand all completely!
all in my propositions are so clear and understandable....

is there anyone else who say its all not understandable!!!!!!

#-o ](*,) [-X [-o<

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:14 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
sarinho wrote:

sms

Regards
Sarinho

SMS comment does intend to criticize you in any manner,shape or form as such please do not be offended. He is putting it across to you on the way you wrote your post which is rather incomprehensible by many here including myself. We are not trying to ridicule you but if you read your post again , the context is rather odd and the usage of the vocabulary , verb, noun and tense does not co-exist to reflect its meaning .
Ifind it hard to understand what you are trying to imply or relate. It is better that you write in plain simple English and we can help you out in whatever queries that you have.
I do not want to argue with you about the Universal Language or how it is being taught. Just to point out to you , if you need help , please speak in plain penguin :D
i still can not understand ....are my sentences complicated or something another!

Please provide me some clarifications

Thank you

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:15 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
sarinho wrote:

sms

Regards
Sarinho

i still can not understand ....are my sentences complicated or something another!

Thank you

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

sarinho wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
sarinho wrote: i am really confused when i read your recent propositions!!!

Regards
Sarinho

Thank you
You need to work on improving your English. I would suggest you read good books to improve your sentence construction and understand the contextual usage of certain words. With your current level of proficiency in English, it would be near impossible for you to be considered for a job here.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 9:08 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:
sarinho wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote: Sarinho

Thank you
You need to work on improving your English. I would suggest you read good books to improve your sentence construction and understand the contextual usage of certain words. With your current level of proficiency in English, it would be near impossible for you to be considered for a job here.
hi

thanks for your comments
where are you from?

i so believe that the contextual structure is much enough to understand all what i indicate!.....

i do not suppose that people have incredible and orderly language skills there!

as i already know that many russian with middle level skills have acceptable conditions ...so,there is no need to make all harder

am i right!

regards

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 9:23 pm

Plavt wrote:Sorry Sarinho, I have to agree with sms, Mad Scientist and others who have pointed out your poor English; your grammar, punctuation and spelling are atrocious.

While I am not perfect, I live amongst a good number of Turks and they write better than that..........
great, to hear existences of turkish people there

by the way ,are turkish people considered as European or another?
do they have good conditions in business life?

any ideas would be great to hear from you.

regards