Singapore Expats Forum

Visa extension

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
web2.0

need advise on extension of social visit pass

Postby web2.0 » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 3:48 pm

My mother came to Singapore last week on social visit pass of 30 days validity. I tried to extend her visa for another 30 days via online. Next day when I checked online status of application, it was rejected. Can anyone suggest what to do next..I really want to extend her visa for another 30 days, please suggest, thanks...

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 3:54 pm

Where's your Mother from?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 4:44 pm

Take her to Johor Bahru for a couple of days holiday then come back. Or, get her a plane ticket home.

melren

Re: need advise on extension of social visit pass

Postby melren » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:52 pm

web2.0 wrote:My mother came to Singapore last week on social visit pass of 30 days validity. I tried to extend her visa for another 30 days via online. Next day when I checked online status of application, it was rejected. Can anyone suggest what to do next..I really want to extend her visa for another 30 days, please suggest, thanks...

It happened to me as well, my e-XTEND was rejected on the same day as the application day.
I came over to ICA the next following day and they told me to get a sponsor (either SPR or Singaporean) in order to extend my SVP.
Practically, the easiest way is to go for a visa run to jb.

web2.0

Re: need advise on extension of social visit pass

Postby web2.0 » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 9:01 pm

today I came to ICA, and they suggested I can apply before 3-5 days of visa expiry. They might have rejected online because it was applied too early.

Lets see...

thanks for your suggestion!!

singasong

Postby singasong » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 2:59 am

More and more people say you should be away for at least 5 days, and a couple of hours to Johor Bahru would not be sufficient. But where (in the legislation and where on a n official webpage) can you find that magic number and the odds about why some still get a full tourist renewal visum and others do not?

thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 9:09 am

depends on which side of bed the immigration officer got up on. Also, depends on the daily orders that they receive. If they publish everything, then they no longer hold all the cards.