Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC Approved - Long Term pass rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 9:42 am

navidneoh wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm assuming he's still trying to tie the LTVP to the EPEC. The EPEC is good for a year and is non-renewable but it does state that they are required to apply with the EPEC to ICA for the LTVP. Of course the ICA indicatess that it is entirely up to them whether or not they want to issue one and they are not compelled to do so.

Yah! Thats my point.
I received the EPEC Certificate on 28th june 2010 that mean it will expired on next year 28th june 2011 right?

Do you guys think is still necessary for me to make the appeal for LTVP?

epec are valid for two years rite? or has the validity for it changed?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 10:08 am

Nope. One year only. This taken from the MOM site.

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) allows foreigners to stay in Singapore for up to one year to facilitate their job search in Singapore. Successful EPEC applicants are required to apply for a one-year Visit Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) to allow them to stay in Singapore.

Note that the certificate is not a work pass and does not allow the holder to work in Singapore. Upon securing employment, the employer is required to submit an Employment Pass application to the Work Pass Division for consideration. You can only start work after the Employment Pass application has been approved.

The EPEC is issued on a one-time basis and is non-renewable.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Nope. One year only. This taken from the MOM site.

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) allows foreigners to stay in Singapore for up to one year to facilitate their job search in Singapore. Successful EPEC applicants are required to apply for a one-year Visit Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) to allow them to stay in Singapore.

Note that the certificate is not a work pass and does not allow the holder to work in Singapore. Upon securing employment, the employer is required to submit an Employment Pass application to the Work Pass Division for consideration. You can only start work after the Employment Pass application has been approved.

yea the ltvp is 1 year but the epec is a certificate with two year validity.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:41 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:

:???:

And where did you come up with that? This taken from the EPEC online application page:

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) is for foreigners who wish to have some time to look for a job in Singapore. The EPEC grants the holder up to a 1-year Social Visit Pass (SVP). The EPEC is issued on a one-time basis and is non-renewable.

You may apply for EPEC if you hold acceptable tertiary/professional qualifications. You should apply only when you are ready to come to Singapore.

Does that sound like it's valid for 2 years?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 2:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

:???:

And where did you come up with that? This taken from the EPEC online application page:

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) is for foreigners who wish to have some time to look for a job in Singapore. The EPEC grants the holder up to a 1-year Social Visit Pass (SVP). The EPEC is issued on a one-time basis and is non-renewable.

You may apply for EPEC if you hold acceptable tertiary/professional qualifications. You should apply only when you are ready to come to Singapore.

Does that sound like it's valid for 2 years?

what i mean is the epec certificate is valid for two years and the holder can choose anytime in these 2 years to apply for the ltvp which is valid for one year.. I got this from looking at my epec certificate

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 3:10 pm

How long ago did you receive your EPEC? Lot's of changes in the past 12~14 months. I'm not saying it isn't as I've not seen an EPEC lately so cannot say.

It used to be automatic 12 month LTSVP but now we are seeing them as short as 3 months or like it this case, none at all. The key, to me, is the mention that an EPEC can get you "up to" 12 months LTVP. Which means anything less also can.

tayyabmail

Postby tayyabmail » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 3:42 pm

i think that some people who are being refused ltsvp may have had problems with ica previosuly. eg they may have over stayed. or may have gotten into other troubles. This they dont mention in their posts and unnecessarily sensitize simple issues. This is my feeling.

Things cant be as complex, random and unpredictable, and discretionary, in Sing, as they are being out out to be. on here.

Cheers

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 5:12 pm

navidneoh wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm assuming he's still trying to tie the LTVP to the EPEC. The EPEC is good for a year and is non-renewable but it does state that they are required to apply with the EPEC to ICA for the LTVP. Of course the ICA indicatess that it is entirely up to them whether or not they want to issue one and they are not compelled to do so.

Yah! Thats my point.
I received the EPEC Certificate on 28th june 2010 that mean it will expired on next year 28th june 2011 right?

Do you guys think is still necessary for me to make the appeal for LTVP?

It's obvious why your LTVP got rejected as you waited over 4 months to apply. As SMS posting mentions, you should only apply for EPEC when you are ready to come to Singapore.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 5:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How long ago did you receive your EPEC? Lot's of changes in the past 12~14 months. I'm not saying it isn't as I've not seen an EPEC lately so cannot say.

It used to be automatic 12 month LTSVP but now we are seeing them as short as 3 months or like it this case, none at all. The key, to me, is the mention that an EPEC can get you "up to" 12 months LTVP. Which means anything less also can.

mine was six months ago....Was just wondering as someone posted earlier that they got theirs for one year validity only so was wondering if the policy has changed.

kemchuoi

TO CANDYPANTS

Postby kemchuoi » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 9:13 pm

candypants wrote:guys i hope you can help me...

i made the same mistake as the OP in my LTSVP application. Well i called MOM and checked and they said "it's the same" so i went ahead and applied. That was about 5 weeks ago and my status is still pending...Im quite sure it'll be rejected but heck I still have to wait to resumbit a new application..

I have 3 more weeks on my social visit pass ( haven't extended it at all) and wondering if i shouild do a visa run to kl for a few days before my current visa expires? Cos from what i understand the chances of me getting a 30 day visa is higher if i leave without extending my visa?

Also, is it true that it is preferable if i travel by air than by land?

Oh and im burmese btw..

hi, I made the same mistake too but I havent made the payment yet.

You said you called MOM and checked and they said "it is the same",...then you go ahead to process the application, right?

Could I ask if the actual issued date of your EPEC at that time the same as in the approval email? Because said you checked with MOM and they said "it is the same". So I am hoping my case would be "the same" too.

I am waiting to call them tomorrow @ office hour to ask about this or trying to withdraw the application as haven't made the payment yet.

Anyone have the same situation as me? Please give me some advice?

Thanks a lot :)