Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC Approved - Long Term pass rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
melren

Postby melren » Sun, 29 Aug 2010 1:28 am

candypants wrote:guys i hope you can help me...

i made the same mistake as the OP in my LTSVP application. Well i called MOM and checked and they said "it's the same" so i went ahead and applied. That was about 5 weeks ago and my status is still pending...Im quite sure it'll be rejected but heck I still have to wait to resumbit a new application..

I have 3 more weeks on my social visit pass ( haven't extended it at all) and wondering if i shouild do a visa run to kl for a few days before my current visa expires? Cos from what i understand the chances of me getting a 30 day visa is higher if i leave without extending my visa?

Also, is it true that it is preferable if i travel by air than by land?

Oh and im burmese btw..

Actually, you have to use the issue date as stated in the EPEC letter (I was told by an officer at ICA).
In the meantime, you can check your status online. Let say you want to do visa run, you can go to kl for a week at least.
I graduated from Australian university as well and it took 5 weeks to get my LTSVP approved.

candypants

Postby candypants » Wed, 01 Sep 2010 3:45 pm

i just collected my ltsvp today :)
i was shocked that it was approved given the error i made with the
epec dates and all.. but o well woohoo!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 01 Sep 2010 4:30 pm

well done to you.

You must be feeling very happy :D

pedrito

Postby pedrito » Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:44 pm

I have an EPEC approved in June 2010 and I am planning to move to Singapore in November.

I know it's not guaranteed that I will receive a ltsvp for my job search (1year experience, Bachelor + Master, 3 languages), but in case I get it, how is the length of it determined?

Will I choose it in my application?

Does it make any difference that my EPEC will be 5 months old by then? I know it has a validity of 1 year, but will this mean that at best I can only obtain an ltsvp till June 2011?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Mon, 11 Oct 2010 9:37 am

pedrito wrote:I have an EPEC approved in June 2010 and I am planning to move to Singapore in November.

I know it's not guaranteed that I will receive a ltsvp for my job search (1year experience, Bachelor + Master, 3 languages), but in case I get it, how is the length of it determined?

Will I choose it in my application?

Does it make any difference that my EPEC will be 5 months old by then? I know it has a validity of 1 year, but will this mean that at best I can only obtain an ltsvp till June 2011?

I think it is valid for one year from date of approval..it does not depend on the epec approval date...apply online before making the move so you will know if you have a valid visa to stay here

pedrito

Postby pedrito » Mon, 11 Oct 2010 7:03 pm

I thought so.

But me applying from Spain is not possible, as I need:

-Disembarkation/Embarkation form no. (white card)
-Address in Singapore

3 months tourist visa on entry >> keep fingers crossed to receive 6-12 months ltsvp once in Singapore :twisted:

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:36 pm

pedrito wrote:I thought so.

But me applying from Spain is not possible, as I need:

-Disembarkation/Embarkation form no. (white card)
-Address in Singapore

3 months tourist visa on entry >> keep fingers crossed to receive 6-12 months ltsvp once in Singapore :twisted:

sorry my bad forgot about that....yea u need to get here first before u can apply....i wonder though the govt has rules on ppl with valid passes only allowed to stay in public or private housing....what about ppl arriving to apply since they have been forced to by the rules.....they make u come here so they can sucker punch u when they feel like it.... :?

tayyabmail

Postby tayyabmail » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 2:33 pm

I have been asked to resubmit my H1B visa.

I am just curious as I already submitted the document I 797A, issued by US Immigration, which is the H1B approval.

I have all the supporting documents, to support my claim. But can submit only one document of jpg 100K.

Am just a little bit anxious, as to why they have asked me to re submit. In my contention, this was a straight forward case.

Also, I have resubmitted the 'same' document I 797A. With a note explaining the document. I thought they would have known about it.

Should I follow up with a call?

I have noticed that applications are being processed in stages. So acknowledgement of application is stage 1. Rquest to upload is stage 2. Request to re submit one or more documents is stage 3 and is probably a good sign, otherwise they would not bother you.

There seem to be many on this thread familiar with the EPEC. Can you kindly comment on this situation.

Thanks

tayyabmail

thanks

Postby tayyabmail » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 5:30 pm

i was asked to resubmit. i emailed and explained the things. luckily, the explanation was well received. and i got my epec approval in like 2 days after appeal.

this is just for update. as i was advised by someone, elsewhere on this forum, if there is a confusion, it is useful to call them. or to email them with pertinent information and explanation.

may be someone else in similar position can use this info.

that is precisely what i did.

cheers

navidneoh

Need some clarification about EPEC.

Postby navidneoh » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 9:43 pm

Would like to clarify something about the EPEC.

I received my EPEC certificate from ICA. And last 4weeks i went to ICA to activated it. But on last week i received that my application for visit pass (long term) is not successful. They didnt give any reason!. :???:

1. The EPEC is only for us to have one year time to seek job in Singapore?
2. If my application is not successful. Once i found my job in Singapore. I can use this EPEC certificate to apply for my Employment Pass? (how many percents to get EP?)
3. Or i need to do appeal for my EPEC?

Please advice

thanks everyone! :)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Need some clarification about EPEC.

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:29 pm

navidneoh wrote:Would like to clarify something about the EPEC.

I received my EPEC certificate from ICA. And last 4weeks i went to ICA to activated it. But on last week i received that my application for visit pass (long term) is not successful. They didnt give any reason!. :???:

They don't have to give you a reason. Additionally, the EPEC does not guarantee you a LTVP.

1. The EPEC is only for us to have one year time to seek job in Singapore?

Wrong. The EPEC is just what it says it is. It's an Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate. It's not a Long Term Visit Pass nor does is guarantee you one. It only tells a prospective employer that your application for an Empoyment Pass will not be rejected for your qualifications. This also does not mean you won't get rejected as the EP process is a two stage approval. Your approval and your potential employer's approval. Without both, no EP.

2. If my application is not successful. Once i found my job in Singapore. I can use this EPEC certificate to apply for my Employment Pass? (how many percents to get EP?)

You are clear as mud on this one. Your employer would use the EPEC along with their application for the EP. There are no such things as percents. Either both you and the employer qualify or you don't.

3. Or i need to do appeal for my EPEC?

Activating your EPEC and getting a LTVP are, as already noted above, two separate and distinct actions. Only one of which is dependent on the other. You cannot get an LTVP unless you have the EPEC however, Having the EPEC does not guarantee getting an LTVP.

Please advice

thanks everyone! :)

sms

tayyabmail

Postby tayyabmail » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 1:26 am

what do you mean by 'activating' epec?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 7:01 am

I'm assuming he's still trying to tie the LTVP to the EPEC. The EPEC is good for a year and is non-renewable but it does state that they are required to apply with the EPEC to ICA for the LTVP. Of course the ICA indicatess that it is entirely up to them whether or not they want to issue one and they are not compelled to do so.

navidneoh

Postby navidneoh » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 9:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm assuming he's still trying to tie the LTVP to the EPEC. The EPEC is good for a year and is non-renewable but it does state that they are required to apply with the EPEC to ICA for the LTVP. Of course the ICA indicatess that it is entirely up to them whether or not they want to issue one and they are not compelled to do so.

Yah! Thats my point.
I received the EPEC Certificate on 28th june 2010 that mean it will expired on next year 28th june 2011 right?

Do you guys think is still necessary for me to make the appeal for LTVP?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 9:29 am

Where are you physically located at the moment? If you are in Singapore, yeah, make an appeal as it can't hurt. Not likely to succeed but it can't hurt. If you are still in your own country, get thyself here on a normal SVP as you will have a better chance of finding a job here than you will still in your own country. Also, the clock is ticking so don't waste it.