Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC Approved - Long Term pass rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 May 2010 2:57 pm

darkages wrote:
JR8 wrote:
I got here on a [b]30 day SVP. Wanting to extend my potential to here as long as possible I did two visa-runs to JB, taking me to 3 months. Not wanting to send up any red-flags with ICA I then applied for the LTVP. No problemo. [/b]

Would like to know if you applied LTVP within your 90 days SVP or after. Also, how long did you wait before you were granted LTVP.

You really should read for content. :-|

If he waited till after to apply for the LTVP, he would be an overstayer wouldn't he. :roll:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 21 May 2010 5:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
darkages wrote:
JR8 wrote:
I got here on a [b]30 day SVP. Wanting to extend my potential to here as long as possible I did two visa-runs to JB, taking me to 3 months. Not wanting to send up any red-flags with ICA I then applied for the LTVP. No problemo. [/b]

Would like to know if you applied LTVP within your 90 days SVP or after. Also, how long did you wait before you were granted LTVP.

You really should read for content. :-|

If he waited till after to apply for the LTVP, he would be an overstayer wouldn't he. :roll:

Yes, there is little point repeating myself re: 3 * 30 day back to back SVP's, rather than one 90 day SVP.

As SMS alludes the one thing you really must NOT do here is overstay your visa. This is repeated again and again on the ICA website, as well as it being common sense. If you were to overstay I hate to think what it would do to your chances of getting a visa in future...

For my EPEC 'issued' LTVP I had to go to ICA to lodge the application. from memory they took my white immigration card and stamped my passport with a new 90 day SVP, although they say a standard application takes 30 days. (As it happens I went on holiday a week later, so that was cancelled and I returned on a yet another standard 30 day SVP). The approval came about 2.5 weeks from application as I recall. Tho note I'd worked here previously in 90's so to some extent was already 'in their system', had a FIN# etc...

Good luck.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 21 May 2010 5:41 pm

p.s it's coming back to me know.

I waited until about a week prior to the expiry of my 3rd 30 day SVP before going to ICA to lodge my LTVP application. The rationale of that was so I had a week's contingency in case I'm missed some requirement/dox, and/or had to go and do yet another visa-run to JB.

darkages

Postby darkages » Sat, 22 May 2010 9:39 am

JR8 wrote:p.s it's coming back to me know.

I waited until about a week prior to the expiry of my 3rd 30 day SVP before going to ICA to lodge my LTVP application. The rationale of that was so I had a week's contingency in case I'm missed some requirement/dox, and/or had to go and do yet another visa-run to JB.

And upon application of the LTVP, the officer gave you a further extension of 90 days. I think that applies only if you submitted it manually. I did it online and was not granted the same.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 12:06 pm

Two major differences that I can see.

One, You are not JR8. Everybody is different.

Two, different time frame. Today there is a crackdown on foreigners in Singapore. Why do foreigners have such a hard time understanding that simple concept? One out of four people on this island are foreign, only the middle east countries have higher percentages. The ground has made their wishes felt and with elections coming up, the ruling party wants to ensure that they keep their mandate to run this country as they see fit. However, because this is a pseudo-parliamentary government, they still have to warrant against upsets. Therefore, they are restricting the numbers of foreigners here. Most probably till some time after the elections.

Deal with it.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 27 May 2010 8:52 pm

sorry i wasn't able to follow this topic to answer your question.. no i dont remember the name of the officer. i just took a number and waited. but that was over two years ago and today it is much tougher to get the approval i heard from my friends.

NhyCjy

Postby NhyCjy » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:26 pm

What if you are in Singapore and still have a valid Student Pass and you want to work here.
Do you still need to apply for EPEC to get the LTVP so you can stay here?
Can you apply for EPEC when you are in Singapore or it must be done overseas?

KindnessFirst

sundaymorningstaple- Be Kind and Helpful, instead of Rude

Postby KindnessFirst » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 3:17 pm

I have read many posts on these forums and I have noticed that the Moderator (sundaymorningstaple) is rude, aggressive, and rarely helpful. Sundaymorningstaple, it sounds as if you are angry with expats, and if that is the case, you should find employment elsewhere. People come here for assistance with simple questions. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Remember the Singapore Kindness Campaign?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: sundaymorningstaple- Be Kind and Helpful, instead of Rud

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 6:03 pm

KindnessFirst wrote:I have read many posts on these forums and I have noticed that the Moderator (sundaymorningstaple) is rude, aggressive, and rarely helpful. Sundaymorningstaple, it sounds as if you are angry with expats, and if that is the case, you should find employment elsewhere. People come here for assistance with simple questions. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Remember the Singapore Kindness Campaign?

SMS rude ?? You gotta be kidding. Where on earth did you heard this from. ?
He will help those that need help that I am sure. Maybe you got spat by him for trolling. I have been reading your posts too. You seemed eager to link your post with guidemesingapore website. Am I right ?
No wonder SMS gave the stick on you. Serve you right ?Business must be very bad , eh ?? :P
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: sundaymorningstaple- Be Kind and Helpful, instead of Rud

Postby JR8 » Tue, 20 Jul 2010 1:45 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
KindnessFirst wrote:I have read many posts on these forums and I have noticed that the Moderator (sundaymorningstaple) is rude, aggressive, and rarely helpful. Sundaymorningstaple, it sounds as if you are angry with expats, and if that is the case, you should find employment elsewhere. People come here for assistance with simple questions. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Remember the Singapore Kindness Campaign?

SMS rude ?? You gotta be kidding. Where on earth did you heard this from. ?
He will help those that need help that I am sure. Maybe you got spat by him for trolling. I have been reading your posts too. You seemed eager to link your post with guidemesingapore website. Am I right ?
No wonder SMS gave the stick on you. Serve you right ?Business must be very bad , eh ?? :P

That's funny! a spammer with 7 posts who wants to have a go at The Oracle (i.e SMS) :lol:

candypants

Postby candypants » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 5:37 pm

guys i hope you can help me...

i made the same mistake as the OP in my LTSVP application. Well i called MOM and checked and they said "it's the same" so i went ahead and applied. That was about 5 weeks ago and my status is still pending...Im quite sure it'll be rejected but heck I still have to wait to resumbit a new application..

I have 3 more weeks on my social visit pass ( haven't extended it at all) and wondering if i shouild do a visa run to kl for a few days before my current visa expires? Cos from what i understand the chances of me getting a 30 day visa is higher if i leave without extending my visa?

Also, is it true that it is preferable if i travel by air than by land?

Oh and im burmese btw..

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:56 am

candypants wrote:guys i hope you can help me...

i made the same mistake as the OP in my LTSVP application. Well i called MOM and checked and they said "it's the same" so i went ahead and applied. That was about 5 weeks ago and my status is still pending...Im quite sure it'll be rejected but heck I still have to wait to resumbit a new application..

I have 3 more weeks on my social visit pass ( haven't extended it at all) and wondering if i shouild do a visa run to kl for a few days before my current visa expires? Cos from what i understand the chances of me getting a 30 day visa is higher if i leave without extending my visa?

Also, is it true that it is preferable if i travel by air than by land?

Oh and im burmese btw..

Just go to KL and stay for about two weeks while waiting..From what I know is that if you apply for ltsvp on like 10 Aug u will get the approval on 10Sept plus minus a week. You can also call ICA and ask them the status of the ltsvp....They told me before that if your short term visa is expiring u can request that they expedite ur ltsvp application.

candypants

Postby candypants » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:06 pm

thanks carlsum1986..

i think i'll wait another week and see how it goes..i went to the ICA and the officer said it could take 6 weeks to 2 months due to the high volume of applicants freaked me out man..[/quote]

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:20 pm

candypants wrote:thanks carlsum1986..

i think i'll wait another week and see how it goes..i went to the ICA and the officer said it could take 6 weeks to 2 months due to the high volume of applicants freaked me out man..
[/quote]

maybe due to them checking the validity of the documents that you submitted with the application is holding up the process....What degree and from which uni did u submit?

candypants

Postby candypants » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:23 pm

I applied for the pass using my EPEC and i recently graduated from Murdoch Uni with a degree in Mass Comm..