Singapore Expats Forum

What do you do when you get homesick?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sweetie2980

Postby sweetie2980 » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:00 pm

Well i have been here in US for nearly 4 months now. Feel homesick most of the time. Normally would call my mom and best friend every week. Watch my fav singapore channel show online and sometimes go to the malaysian restaurant. Been to few restaurants but none of the food taste the same like how it used to back home. Im also starting to get used to with the american lifestyle: eating greasy fattening laden food and im loving it hahaha.....oh yeah ....went to watch shrek the other day and dint touch a single popcorn my husband bought..it still feel weird eating salty popcorn in the theater...made me missed all those sweet popcorn back in singapore.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Mon, 31 May 2010 7:35 pm

Getting out to Little India the other day was the best cure for my homesickness--it was the closest thing to Brampton, ON Canada that SE Asia has to offer I'm sure! Other than that I like to cook. Singapore food is wonderful but there's no replacement for comfort foods like tuna casserole, meatloaf, homemade mac and cheese or one of my grandma's signature favourites.