Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC for long term pass was denied, what's next to do?

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
ronnielalmo

EPEC for long term pass was denied, what's next to do?

Postby ronnielalmo » Thu, 06 May 2010 10:11 am

To whom it may concern:

Good day,
My name is Ronniel Almo Im from the Philippines, I would like to make an appeal to whom it may concern, my case is this, Im here in Singapore since last Febrauary 17 of this year 2010 as a foreigner seeking for new career here in Singapore, Im serving already my second extension and it will lapse this coming 17th of May, I already applied my EPEC which was issued to me by MOM (ministry of manpower) of Singapore since 2008 and I only used it last March of this year, the ICA released the result yesterday May 5th, and it was denied for a Long Term Pass which Im requesting, now, My question is what will I do next if I still want to stay here in Singapore much longer to continue find a new career and even bring my family to live and stay here for good. I hope anyone can help me with my concern because I do not have enough time.
Thanks in advance who can help and give support with my concern.

Sincerely,
Ronniel :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 May 2010 1:02 pm

This from another site and from Sep 2007. The poster had contacted MOM at that time and the following is the email reply from MOM. (The contactsingapore.org.sg link seems to be having timeout problems at the moment so I cannot check to see what's there yet:):

I have sent an e-mail to MOM and it is stated like this:

Any Singapore citizen or PR aged 21 and above could be a local sponsor for your application. Applicants issued with Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) do not require a local sponsor and need not complete Form V39I. For more information on EPEC, you may liaise with Contact Singapore by visiting their website at:
http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg. The EPEC is valid for 2 years and can be used for once only. Within the 2 years, you may visit Singapore to apply for Long-Term SVP with EPEC to look for a job.

Now, in view of the current backlash against foreigners, I might be inclined to think that it's possible that the 2 years may well have been reduced. It would sound like you already were getting near the 2 years anyway if you received in in 2008 and this is almost half-way through 2010.

ronnielalmo

Postby ronnielalmo » Thu, 06 May 2010 2:41 pm

Hello sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for your time, support and great information but me also cant accesss the link you send coming from the MOM, anyway I need to know if I still have a chance to stay longer here without using the EPEC, any other option for another extension in my stay here.

Hoping to hear from you asap.

Ronniel

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 May 2010 3:23 pm

If you have already been given one extension, there is a great possibility that you will not be allowed another without leaving the country for at least 5 days (this seems to be the minimum turn-around time that is acceptable to ICA to not raise eye-brows).

At this point in time, as you know, there is a big backlash against foreigners. I don't have any idea as to why you cannot find employment, as I don't know what your skillsets and education are.

If you are an engineer/technician in the construction industries, you should realize that there are an excess of them here at the moment due to the two IR finishing up and more and more are being released each week as various subcontractors finish their phases on those projects.

sms

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 May 2010 9:46 pm

What do you do? Malaysia has many opportunities for IT tech people, aka help desk, remote support, etc.

ronnielalmo

Postby ronnielalmo » Thu, 06 May 2010 10:05 pm

Hello Strong Eagle,

Thanks for your concern and some suggestion, its very much appreciated, but right now I want to take my chances here in Singapore, and I have my reasons... to all, Im hoping for your open minded understanding, that I want solution only here in Singapore.

Thanks and regards,

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 May 2010 10:46 pm

Sounds like the man dying of thirst and refusing water, instead demanding scotch. :roll: