Singapore Expats

Extending exit permit via ns port

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
zek

Extending exit permit via ns port

Post by zek » Sat, 01 May 2010 6:19 pm

I called ns call centre and was told that when the total duration of exit permits for boys add up crosses 2 yrs, the system will prompt you for posting of bond.
For example, say, after extending the son's exit permit to a second one year permit, on the next extension to the 3rd year of permit, the system will ask you about bond.

Has anyone encountered this?

Or has anyone actually did extend the exit permit multiple times (which add up to more than 2 yrs) and yet the system did not ask you regarding bond??

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Extending exit permit via ns port

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 01 May 2010 6:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

zek

Post by zek » Sun, 02 May 2010 12:18 pm

Hi MS,
Yes I remembered your said threshold.

I phoned and this was what call centre said :
Say, I apply one year EP this year.
Next year, I extend EP for one more year. That is a total of 2 years since it is the 2nd year.
Then if I want to extend another time to have a 3rd year of EP, the system will prompt me for the bond.

He was implying that the system will add up your previous EPs and see how long you have already "used up".

I am wondering if anyone has extended the EP to a total of more than 2 years before.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 02 May 2010 5:10 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

zek

Post by zek » Sun, 02 May 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks MS!
Yup, will definitely apply via ns portal.
Anyway, have booked air tickets, so my son will cross his 13th birthday in sg. I may just apply for the exit permit the day before we come back.

It should be just a few minutes' click, right? I don't expect any difficult questions or asked to supply any supporting doc... ...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 03 May 2010 4:27 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 04 May 2010 5:08 am

deleted