Singapore Expats Forum

Where's the Cheapest Barbers in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: Where's the Cheapest Barbers in Singapore?

Postby ozchick » Sun, 09 May 2010 9:36 pm

Splatted wrote:
ozchick wrote:..now listen here buddy boy, unless you're bald, it can't be all that bad!

Actually a lot of women find the shaven head look quite sexy.

But you really have to have the right shaped head to pull it off, with no bumps or spots.

Actually yeah you're right....yeah some guys do look good with the shaved look! Never really thought about it before.....yeah and only some head shapes can get away with it......my nephew is only 25 and has been shaving his head for 10 years now. I have no idea what his 'normal' hair would look like!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 09 May 2010 9:41 pm

ozchick wrote:
Splatted wrote:
ozchick wrote:..now listen here buddy boy, unless you're bald, it can't be all that bad!

But you really have to have the right shaped head to pull it off, with no bumps or spots.

Actually yeah you're right....yeah some guys do look good with the shaved look! Never really thought about it before.....yeah and only some head shapes can get away with it......my nephew is only 25 and has been shaving his head for 10 years now. I have no idea what his 'normal' hair would look like!
look under his armpit :lol: SMS has a perfect shiner :wink: its his beard that worries me, and me well I'm just white, people say I could be Steve Martins double...that hurts! :oops: but I put it down to myopia.

februus
Regular
Regular

Postby februus » Mon, 10 May 2010 8:40 am

JR8 wrote:I go to QBhouse for $10. In fact I went just this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone with suggestions. Tried Little India, but managed to nearly walk into a massage place by mistake. Wife was not so impressed with that.

Went for the $10/10min job in the end at QB house, was exactly what I was looking for. No mither and a quick cheap cut!

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Grumpy77 » Mon, 24 May 2010 9:25 pm

Saint wrote:
trumpet wrote:
Grumpy77 wrote:There used to be a great Indian barber shop near the end of East Coast Rd, close to Bayshore Rd, sadly been closed for a while.

My Indian other good barber in the west has also closed so I'm looking for a new one with middling but not excellent success.

The 10x10 shops are ok, but just barely - I use them when a boss shows up unannounced and I need to get presentable fast. They don't shave the neck as well and certainly don't do the shoulder and scalp massage.

Can anyone recommend a good Indian barber to try, I don't mind travelling for a good experience.

Thanks,

The indian barbar is still around & newly renovated- fully aircon now!
It's call NEW STAR, they are still there, beside a nice intalian restuarant on upper east coast rd. That's the one that president Nathan goes to.

They charge $8-, & if you want an old fashion shave (complete with foam & pen-knife) it's $12- :D

Which is what I posted 4 days ago :wink:

And a huge thanks to both of you. I went this past Sunday, same place, same old barbers, same great clove aroma from the hair tonic. Truely a great place... Happy happy, joy joy!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 9:55 am

Vaucluse wrote:
hg wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
februus wrote:I know this should probably go in the health and beauty section, but I hardly fall into that catagory

:lol: :lol:

Try some of the Indian barbers, they do a good cut . . . nothing fancy, just a good cut. And they're very cheap

I can second that.....u get a nice shoulder rub for free too :-)

True, mine also gives me a scalp rub . . . very nice, and all for SGD$3.50 and a shave for SGD$2 . . . special price $SGD5 for Cut, rub and shave

Where is this one? The cheapest I have found is on the lane off Serangoon rd, It costs 5$, you need to take a token and wait in the queue if you go on sundays. Best to visit on Saturday afternoon.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 10:01 am

Splatted wrote:

Like Britney Spears? :D

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:35 pm

OK, I think I found THE cheapest cut.

Saw a sign at AMK saying FREE haircuts... Think the place was called Georgies hair academy..... you get your hair cut by students....