Singapore Expats

Where's the Cheapest Barbers in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Wed, 05 May 2010 7:30 am

There used to be a great Indian barber shop near the end of East Coast Rd, close to Bayshore Rd, sadly been closed for a while.

My Indian other good barber in the west has also closed so I'm looking for a new one with middling but not excellent success.

The 10x10 shops are ok, but just barely - I use them when a boss shows up unannounced and I need to get presentable fast. They don't shave the neck as well and certainly don't do the shoulder and scalp massage.

Can anyone recommend a good Indian barber to try, I don't mind travelling for a good experience.

Thanks,

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 05 May 2010 8:19 am

Grumpy77 wrote:There used to be a great Indian barber shop near the end of East Coast Rd, close to Bayshore Rd, sadly been closed for a while.
If it's the one I think you are talking about, it's move just across the road. Its quite a famous one as it's where the President Nathan goes to every couple of weeks.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Wed, 05 May 2010 1:39 pm

AMK block 416

$5 for haircuts.. I noticed a queue as I passed on my way to the dentist.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Thu, 06 May 2010 11:29 pm

Look in the small alleys off Serangoon Road - S$5 standards price and queues only on Sundays (when nobody in his right mind should go to Little India anyway).

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 07 May 2010 10:13 am

beppi wrote: Moderators: Please delete and ban the user!
Wow! Image

'nuff said Image

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 07 May 2010 10:53 pm

The flip-side of course is to suggest that the PP welcomes patent spam posts.

Well?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 07 May 2010 11:36 pm

i think adolf cut is a S$9 for a 9 minutes cut. :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 07 May 2010 11:41 pm

I go to QBhouse for $10. In fact I went just this afternoon.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 08 May 2010 12:53 am

problem with a lot of places in sg, you can't get a consistently good cut every time from the same place, esp the $10 for 10 minute places I've visited.

I know Singapore has a small Italian population... anyone know whether any Italians cut hair in Sg, and the shop's location if it exists?

(cost is not a factor)

trumpet
Regular
Regular

Post by trumpet » Sat, 08 May 2010 11:48 am

Grumpy77 wrote:There used to be a great Indian barber shop near the end of East Coast Rd, close to Bayshore Rd, sadly been closed for a while.

My Indian other good barber in the west has also closed so I'm looking for a new one with middling but not excellent success.

The 10x10 shops are ok, but just barely - I use them when a boss shows up unannounced and I need to get presentable fast. They don't shave the neck as well and certainly don't do the shoulder and scalp massage.

Can anyone recommend a good Indian barber to try, I don't mind travelling for a good experience.

Thanks,
The indian barbar is still around & newly renovated- fully aircon now!
It's call NEW STAR, they are still there, beside a nice intalian restuarant on upper east coast rd. That's the one that president Nathan goes to.

They charge $8-, & if you want an old fashion shave (complete with foam & pen-knife) it's $12- :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 08 May 2010 1:54 pm

JR8 wrote:The flip-side of course is to suggest that the PP welcomes patent spam posts.

Well?
Well . . . what?

Do you live life by extremes only?

'nuff said Image

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: Where's the Cheapest Barbers in Singapore?

Post by ozchick » Sun, 09 May 2010 6:28 pm

[quote="februus"]

It doesn't matter what I do to my hair, it always looks rubbish..

...........................................................................................................

I don't believe that. I don't believe that no matter what you do to your hair, it looks rubbish. That sounds really sad. :cry:
What's with that wife of yours? Doesn't she ever say anything nice to you about your hair? :roll:
Sigh......now listen here buddy boy, unless you're bald, it can't be all that bad! The right cut (which might be just 'short') followed by YOU having simple strategies should give good results. I've got crazy hair! Uneven curls and waves all over the place, a hairdresser's nightmare, but I keep it short and just scrunch it into shape with hair-gel each day, simple! Experiment a little with hair-gel or hair-wax so that YOU are the boss. (Ask the barber for advice on this.) You might surprise yourself!
Once you've got it how you want it, take a photo and show it to your next barber.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sun, 09 May 2010 7:24 pm

trumpet wrote:

Thanks,
The indian barbar is still around & newly renovated- fully aircon now!
It's call NEW STAR, they are still there, beside a nice intalian restuarant on upper east coast rd. That's the one that president Nathan goes to.

They charge $8-, & if you want an old fashion shave (complete with foam & pen-knife) it's $12- :D
Which is what I posted 4 days ago :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 May 2010 7:41 pm

Yeah, but he gave the name of the Barber Shop! Course there is probably no other barbar within kilometer, but well...... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Where's the Cheapest Barbers in Singapore?

Post by Splatted » Sun, 09 May 2010 9:14 pm

ozchick wrote:..now listen here buddy boy, unless you're bald, it can't be all that bad!
Actually a lot of women find the shaven head look quite sexy.

But you really have to have the right shaped head to pull it off, with no bumps or spots.