Singapore Expats

How to sell product for small business?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
may2010

How to sell product for small business?

Post by may2010 » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 8:02 am

I have some products, wallet and handbag. How to sell them with the lowest rental fee? Need some ideas...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to sell product for small business?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 8:44 am

may2010 wrote:I have some products, wallet and handbag. How to sell them with the lowest rental fee? Need some ideas...
Pasar Malam, carboot sales, vendors cart in a shopping mall. Or online. Or put them up for sale in the classified section of this site for free. Or get an account with eBay and flog them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pulpy

Post by pulpy » Mon, 10 May 2010 11:35 pm

pushcart or those cube boxes (like in Parkway?)

or u can consign to shops.

eagle357

Re: How to sell product for small business?

Post by eagle357 » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 4:58 pm

may2010 wrote:I have some products, wallet and handbag. How to sell them with the lowest rental fee? Need some ideas...
Create an online shop with shopping cart and online payment facilities. Of course, you'll then need to find ways to attract online shoppers to your site.

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wcs » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 7:22 am

There are some businesses around like...Pandora's box? in Cathay Cineleisure, which rent out a shelf for a few hundred dollars a month. Some figure like that. Then you place your stock there and have to come in and maintain it, and stock it up. But it gives you an indication if there is a market demand for your product before you commit to a push cart! :)

mitlan
Regular
Regular

Post by mitlan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:52 pm

renting a box for your type of products may be a good choice as there will be customers who walk into the shop to browse and your product may interest them and if they buy it, you have a walking advertisement. and the best thing about it is that you can allow customers to purchase it immediately at the shop instead of having to wait.

the cost of setting up an online shop could be lower, but would not be of any use if you do not have traffic. generating traffic to your website is a cost you have to factor in too. so it may work out to be about the same as renting a box
Time has emerged as today's key commodity. People can now buy back time with EcoVerve!