Singapore Expats

S-Pass Aptitude Test

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
rayo

S-Pass Aptitude Test

Post by rayo » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 8:12 pm

I understand this topic may have been covered earlier, but I would like to understand more about what kind of questions could be asked in the aptitude test that is required of me in order to obtain an S-Pass.

I had an S-Pass earlier and finished my contract, coming back to Singapore again and my application has been restricted subject to an aptitude test?

The fact that I have to do this test, does it mean my chances are any lower? I have obtained the S-Pass before in 2008...?Strange..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 8:35 pm

Depends on whether or not your degree was faked or not. Lot's of people came in under S passes with faked or substandard uni degrees (especially a lot from Myanmar to name one). Because of this, more and more are being asked to take proficiency tests as some did not seem to have much of an understanding of anything.

So, if you have a modicum of education, you shouldn't have any worries. However, if you have an online degree, you might come up short this time. You buys your ticket and takes your chances.

They don't always have the same battery of questions. If they did, they there would be idjits on forums asking for the answers wouldn't they. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rayo

Post by rayo » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 9:17 pm

Thank you for your quick and courteous reply.

I understand what you say, and I guess I will just have to simply do my best when the day comes to give this test.
As far as preparation goes, I shall take your earlier advice in the other topic and get a good nights rest, I don't expect the Q&A to be put up over here either :wink:

From your experience as an HR practitioner, do you see this often? And if there is anything that I should note, please do inform me.
Thanks for the help once again!

surendrants

S Pass Apptitude Test

Post by surendrants » Sat, 29 May 2010 3:04 am

Hi Rayo,

I need to sit for Apptitude test for getting S pass, Do you have any idea about it, Please advise me what type of exam it, do i allow to take calculator for exam.

regards

suren

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 May 2010 6:48 am

And this is exactly the type of idjits I was referring to. :roll:

If they tell you to bring a calculator bring it. Otherwise, don't.

You might want to write you name on the palm of your hand though so you don't forget it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mehr_56

PLs help

Post by mehr_56 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:32 am

My employer was willing to hire me and already applied me for S Pass.The problem is MOM told them that I should take a general aptitude test. The employer told me that they cannot wait for me and dont want to pursue of hiring me. Can I take a general aptitude test to MOM and schedule on my own? Just in case of looking for a new job. Pls enlighten me. I was really dismayed. :cry:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:09 am

No, you can't schedule it on your own. But frankly, I don't think that employer is someone I would like to work for anyway. You were probably better off if you want to know the truth.

mehr_56

Post by mehr_56 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for your message. It really helps me to uplift my spirit. thanks sundaymorningstaple!

mehr_56

Post by mehr_56 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 5:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple, its me again. I just have my last question. Do you think I can an appeal? Because I am really wondering why I was rejected according to Ministry and if the company is really decided to hire me, I should take an exam. I was hired to the company as accounting assistant and I got my diploma of BS Accountancy. I also have 6 yrs working experience as an accountant. Can I make an appeal?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 6:19 pm

This is something that cannot be appealed. Apparently some of your countrymen have come here with degrees or diplomas that left something to be desired. Like a real education! Therefore, now, a lot of persons coming here are required to take these exams. The exams are apparently not that hard though from what I've been told. The questions are never the same so you cannot study for it nor can you memorize answers for it by asking for other here to give you the questions.

You weren't rejected, you were asked to take a general aptitude test. If you let that get to you, you are in for a rough time in life. It's not personal, it something that was caused by others who would cheat to work here. I know you are not like that but that's what happens when all of your countrymen aren't honest. Big difference. It's your employer that won't wait.

mitlan
Regular
Regular

Post by mitlan » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 5:01 pm

i have seen a few s pass workers from Philippines who said they are graduates of a University in their country. But i thought it was funny that they do not seem to be able to converse in proper english. and when i asked a guy who said he was doing some computer programming course during his degree some questions i had for my own programming development, i was left wondering if he even knew what was a computer and the parts that can be found in a computer.
Time has emerged as today's key commodity. People can now buy back time with EcoVerve!

firboxer

this is All about S PASS GAT

Post by firboxer » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 4:36 pm

Do not sweat it! i jz took the test, tis test is not test ur language, jz test ur eye only.

there have 3 part.
1st part is series of diagram, 2 test u to see the shape in the time limited , tis like IQ test.

2nd part is vyvy easy is ask u whether u can adapt ursf in new culture or environment only.

3rd part is ur feedback for the test only.

All is multiple choices.
Part 2 n 3 are no right n wrong answer.
they will explain all the question in English, mandarin, malay n tamil.

But in the 1st part, i got some questions are no sure. Very very Hopefully i can pass the test.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 5:42 pm

If you wrote your exam like you wrote your post you wont. :roll:

observer
Regular
Regular

Re: this is All about S PASS GAT

Post by observer » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 3:48 pm

firboxer wrote:Do not sweat it! i jz took the test, tis test is not test ur language, jz test ur eye only.

there have 3 part.
1st part is series of diagram, 2 test u to see the shape in the time limited , tis like IQ test.

2nd part is vyvy easy is ask u whether u can adapt ursf in new culture or environment only.

3rd part is ur feedback for the test only.

All is multiple choices.
Part 2 n 3 are no right n wrong answer.
they will explain all the question in English, mandarin, malay n tamil.

But in the 1st part, i got some questions are no sure. Very very Hopefully i can pass the test.

jezreelcomajes22

aptitude test

Post by jezreelcomajes22 » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 7:59 pm

hi! im jezreel from philippines. im located here at Teck Whye Ave. Singapore. this coming july 6, 2010 i will seat for an aptitude test! i wonder what test it should be.. like i heard only diagrams reasoning.. is it hard..? after the aptitude test is there a PERSONAL INTERVIEW like they gonna ask u about ur position that u applied..? i hope everyone who will take the test can pass.. ply reply. thanks!