Singapore Expats Forum

playgroups in Bukit Timah area

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
claireprice

playgroups in Bukit Timah area

Postby claireprice » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 9:46 am

Hi there,

We are a British family new to singapore and are just settling into the Bukit Timah area, in between Sixth Ave and the Botanic Gardens. I have a two year old son and am looking for a playgroup or something similar for us to meet some friends in this area. I have seen previous posts of people meeting at Fidgets play centre at Turf City- that would be perfect for us.
Does anyone still meet at fidgets, is keen to start doing so or know of a good playgroup in this area?

Thanks

Claire

Riversmeet

Postby Riversmeet » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 1:16 pm

Welcome to Singapore!
Not sure about organized playgroups near Bukit Timah, but there is a popular one at St George's church on Minden Road (near Dempsey). I haven't been myself, but it is oftened mentioned in this forum and I have heard good feedback from friends. The church website is www.stgeorges.org.sg.

I also have a two year old (and a 3 year old) and live a bit further down Bukit Timah road near Newton. Have been here a year and would be happy to give you more of a lowdown on things to do with little ones if you like.

claireprice

Postby claireprice » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 1:36 pm

Hi thank you for your reply.

I will find out where that is and will check it out thanks.
We only have one car which my husband takes to work so was hoping to find somewhere I could walk to! I find taking a taxi with my 2 year old a bit of a nightmare as he is not strapped in enough for him to stay still!

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!

kimora
Regular
Regular

Postby kimora » Sun, 30 May 2010 10:51 pm

Meetup dot com has several Singapore mother/children FREE groups, look them up! they are a couple of mother groups very active and meeting weekly for playdate around Singapore, all welcoming people from different countries and locals.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Postby kimora » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 3:29 pm

Claire - my son is two and a half and we're also in Bukit Timah/ 6th Ave, maybe we could arrange to meet up sometime, drop me a msge please :)

paulina

Postby paulina » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 4:11 pm

Hi! I'm staying in the same area with 1,5 years old boy! Haven't been to Fidgets yet but would be great to meet! Let me know please if you're planning anything!