Singapore Expats Forum

Nuisance calling from ERA realtors

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby raden888 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 5:34 pm

Saint wrote:I just ask them for their home and mobile numbers so I can phone them back when it convenient for me, normally gets them thinking!

Thanks Saint...I'm gonna use this when I get annoying calls from Telcos or call centres.. :lol: I wouldn't want to be Saint's enemy :wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 6:38 pm

carteki wrote:I know that the minute some-one calls me by my middle name they don't know me as very few of my friends know it, but it is in a couple of databases and having "Kim" as a first name in Asia confuses everyone!

I have to hand it to my housemate though - he passed on my mobile number to a cold caller at home. Wasn't very impressed :(

Ah I can go one better than that. I had a letter at my then home address in London, from a company that publishes a directory of places of worship, of all religions. They wanted to know if I would care to update the details of my address which - completely inexplicably - they had listed as a Sufi house of worship. So I posted it back, telling them 'we' had moved, and giving them the address of a mates flat nearby.

Nice one Saint... I'll give that one a shot if ERA call again.

And thanks SMS. I'd forgotten the complete embargo this site has. Quite extraordinary. Won't ask why but it must be good, to have yielded such an unequivocal (aka seemingly paranoid :? ) caution!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 8:33 pm

Oh.... my .... GOD!!! I think I might copy $Pripp's avatar.

8.15 and I have just been cold-called AGAIN!!!!! :mad: :mad:

This time it was ... HSR(?), the guy didn't get much of a look in on the conversation :mad: :mad:

Saint, I followed your suggestion, cut him off mid-opening-sentence, and asked for his home number. He then asked what that might be concerning, so I said so I could call him back when it was convenient for me. Then he gave me his number! :o I asked if it would be ok if I called him back at say 10pm, and he said yes it would :o

Since he was so helpful, I thought it would be nice to share his # in case others wish to call him too ! 9829-0927

clara10

Postby clara10 » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:40 am

Saint wrote:I just ask them for their home and mobile numbers so I can phone them back when it convenient for me, normally gets them thinking!

haha.... really like this!!!! :D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:24 pm

"Hello?"
"Yes, I calling from ERA properties and---"
"Hey, listen; you really called at a bad time..."
"Izzit?"
"Yeah (whispering), I'm kinda busy right now; can't talk..."
"I would just--"
"Oh <expletive>. Here they come. You'll have to call me later."
"..."
" (sound from far away) Hey, guys. I told you before I don't have it! What's that you're taking out?!? WHOA, MAN. No need to get rough. Listen; let's just put the weapon down, and calmly talk this over.... ZZZZZZTTTTT!!!!! OH MAN. YOU <EXPLETIVE>!!! WHAT YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!? DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!!!!! (drops phone; rough-handling noises could still be heard).
"...."

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:45 pm

nakatago wrote:" (sound from far away) Hey, guys. I told you before I don't have it! What's that you're taking out?!? WHOA, MAN. No need to get rough. Listen; let's just put the weapon down, and calmly talk this over.... ZZZZZZTTTTT!!!!! OH MAN. YOU <EXPLETIVE>!!! WHAT YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!? DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!!!!! (drops phone; rough-handling noises could still be heard).
"...."
s/"I told you before I don\'t have it!"/"I told you before I am not an ERA agent"/

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:57 pm

x9200 wrote:
nakatago wrote:" (sound from far away) Hey, guys. I told you before I don't have it! What's that you're taking out?!? WHOA, MAN. No need to get rough. Listen; let's just put the weapon down, and calmly talk this over.... ZZZZZZTTTTT!!!!! OH MAN. YOU <EXPLETIVE>!!! WHAT YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!? DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!!!!! (drops phone; rough-handling noises could still be heard).
"...."
s/"I told you before I don\'t have it!"/"I told you before I am not an ERA agent"/

oh my god; you're such a geek.

guess i am too for recognizing the syntax.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 9:41 am

Yeah, the geeky thing. Can not resist temptation from time to time.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 02 May 2010 7:29 am

I say come here and say that to my face, you 'behind the screen' big mouth.

Hope you're ready, 6'3", 110kg of lean machine. Mmmm mmm mmm I'd love to hear your thoughts close up.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 02 May 2010 7:38 am

Two options I'd like to offer you Mr. Ong

- Shut the f*** up, and the Mods delete your posts since you seem to be 'going off on one' as a gobby cina.

- Shut up, but then live your whole life in a Chinese body.

Man, look at that, there are people that hate you as much as you do them, that's gotta suck