donating clothing and food?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
mmmmdave

donating clothing and food?

Post by mmmmdave » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:32 pm

Hi team --

I'm leaving Singapore after a year. I have a lot of clothing to donate. Does anyone know any good organizations that will take it?

Similarly, how about all my leftover canned food?

Thanks!

Warrior_Angel

Re: donating clothing and food?

Post by Warrior_Angel » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:53 pm

mmmmdave wrote:Hi team --

I'm leaving Singapore after a year. I have a lot of clothing to donate. Does anyone know any good organizations that will take it?

Similarly, how about all my leftover canned food?

Thanks!
I do take in 2nd hand clothes and recycle them.. :)

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cinder » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:41 pm

to OP:

if you still need to get rid of your clothes, i can connect you with somebody. the male clothes (or shoes or unopened toiletries etc.) will be passed to unfortunate foreign workers who are injured, can't work, but can't leave either.. or if there are no (which are never), to other low earning foreign workers. this is done in little india area.

the female clothes will be passed to a bangladeshi domestic worker who often organise sending clothes to village back in bangladesh. or to another lady who will take some to indonesia where they will be passed to the needy people.

as for canned food.. there is a meal program to the unfortunate foreign workers in little india mentioned above, but i guess it depends on what food they are?

mmmmdave

Post by mmmmdave » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks, that sounds perfect. I'll be in touch with you by private message.