Singapore Expats Forum

[Club Expats Singapore] Social Group - Gatherings

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
cloudiz
Regular
Regular

[Club Expats Singapore] Social Group - Gatherings

Postby cloudiz » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 2:43 pm

1st!!!! 2012 Meet n Greet Saturday Social! Feb 4th 2012
http://www.facebook.com/events/181484161959039/

Visit us @ FB
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 5434884956

cheers
Julian

Hi! My name is Julian.

This is a thread for the international experience group CULTURE X, which stands for Culture Exchange.

The social group is to relive the social activities foreigners experience in their country, right in Singapore.
As such, 'hobby' stuff like cooking, skating, cycling, photography, all the way to the universal drinking, dining, eating out, are part of the group activities.

Facebook link
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... ef=mf#wall

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Update* The group has now 100+ members*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A little about myself...
I returned from the UK in Feb 2010.
I have lived in Sheffield(Near manchester) for 4 years.
Been to Japan a few times, and a couple times to Korea. Travelled much in Europe, some USA, once to Oz, and around south east Asia.. each country's sights and sounds are so refreshing.

Our social group meets/email/language exchange, and are open to all who want to hangout and have some fun in this new place Singapore!

The goal is to bring people together, and explore all that is amusing from each of our views!
Exploring different tourist spots, food spots, etc.

How about... talking about fashion trends? Explore new zest in Singapore, create a new ball game? Underwater golf!?

Email/ MSN / Facebook me at [ cloudiz07 @ hotmail. com ] or just facebook us if you are interested in any of the Asian/Western languages, culture or meeting up with friends.
The group has a pro photographer, and if you are lucky, you might just get featured :)

Spoken languages: English, Mandarin, Japanese, some Korean ^_^

Feel free to post on facebook for any events to join or make. Thanks for reading.

ãÂ
Last edited by cloudiz on Wed, 28 Aug 2013 4:13 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Come join our International social circle "Club Expat Singapore" facebook.com/groups/culturex

budse
Regular
Regular

Postby budse » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 9:52 pm

i'm interested to meet new people...
pls let me know if you have something on such as any events during weekends...if have time then could join

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

meet

Postby cloudiz » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:15 am

hi there~ I met up with a few international friends tonight; we went to Ion for food and then did some street shopping, and talked much about the culture of singapore.
Lastly we popped by the Singapore Tourism Centre near Somerset and called it a night.
It was a time to share the love for good cuisine and understand life from each culture.

certainly, if u leave me a pm or email with your interests, social activity and mobile number I'll invite you to the next one.
Last edited by cloudiz on Mon, 24 May 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join our International social circle "Club Expat Singapore" facebook.com/groups/culturex

Shin83
Regular
Regular

Hello

Postby Shin83 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 2:07 pm

Hello, I'm new in this forum. Please PM me or email (shin.santoso@gmail.com) me if there's any gathering in the future. I'm open for any kind of activities you can come up with. :)
Something that need to be invented:
a grin emoticon

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular

Postby sgexpat2011 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 5:15 pm

count me in!! :D :D

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudiz » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:16 pm

hi shin & sg2011, pls email me your nationality, and a short introduction of yourself, and of cos, your mobile number, if that's ok with you :wink:

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

japanese friend

Postby cloudiz » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 1:43 am

bump

my japanese friend will be arriving in Changi tomorrow, 26th at Changi airport.
Those of you interested in being a friend 'ambassador' let me know :)
hope to introduce more of you in the two weeks...

Shin83
Regular
Regular

Postby Shin83 » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:52 pm

What is a friend 'ambassador' do? :s
Something that need to be invented:

a grin emoticon

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

:)

Postby cloudiz » Mon, 03 May 2010 2:50 pm

glad you asked..

well, a fancy way of saying you want to be able to welcome foreign people and have them join your existing social circle ... integrate them so that culture exchange would happen quicker than gradual observation of their own.

sorry i have not made much contact for the past week. I had been showing my Japanese friend around, and juggling some work after a short holiday overseas.

eliz_sky

Hi

Postby eliz_sky » Sat, 08 May 2010 4:15 pm

Hi..I'm Malaysian Chinese 28/f and just arrived SG about 2 weeks. Dun have many friends at the moment. Would like to meet more friends.
Do you mind i join the Culture X as well?

U may contact me via msn blue_sky102@hotmail.com

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudiz » Mon, 10 May 2010 11:28 am

yes! you are certainly welcome.

I am currently compiling a Members' Sheet, MSN Group, Facebook Group, and contact list as the group is receiving more new members every week.

**Recently, our Japanese friends attended Japanese Association's Cheap Sale Bazaar held on the 8th May, with many things sold for as low as $1 each! And, not surprisingly, the girls bought more stuff. We expect that they share what they bought.....with everyone... :P **

Current members, if you'd like, text/email/spam your number to me so that I can text / call u directly for our meeting this week. (ok, text pm email -- don't spam me)
Some of you guys I only received your email.
My msn is also the same address.

lancelot2002

Postby lancelot2002 » Mon, 10 May 2010 11:43 pm

Hi, Joey here from Malaysia, 24/m, can you count me in, cloudiz?

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudiz » Fri, 14 May 2010 2:03 am

hi joey, yes you're on the email list!

cloudiz
Regular
Regular

last min confirmation of sat social

Postby cloudiz » Fri, 14 May 2010 2:06 am

Dear friends

This saturday!
We will be meeting(tentative) at about 5.30pm - 6pm at Orchard MRT for a time of meeting and getting to know one another.
After that we can go to one of the nice food spots in singapore for a nice food experience.

I have been doing some infrastructure at this office this week(little time to write emails!),
and I am thinking of making this weekend a simple but fun interaction experience.

For a first introduction to break the ice, may I suggest a small 'memobilia' of sorts to bring for each of you...

* e.g. photo of some place you went; or of yourself;
* a new discovery having been in singapore;
* a torn diary page detailing a hot eventful/close brush-up with the opposite sex(just kidding here);
* a name card made in Africa; your new hair.... possibilities are endless.

For me, I might just bring the lot of my touristic brochures for your perusal!

Hey, I might even sign up for the tour agency... not.

So! At this point, I have about 3-4 of you confirming your attendance. The rest of you have yet to tell me the time you would be free, and also the day.
If you can get back to me quickly, I can inform you peeps today, Friday!.. about tomorrow.

My take on this saturday's meeting: no worries! no pressure! come in your shorts, or your snow boots! I shall be merciful and not demand high street New York fashion from all you free-minded people! but.. just for this week. Next week, I expect stuff from head to toe...
ok.... maybe not. You know... I jest.

On a slightly more focused note, do come casually, in style, in vogue, with your bed-hair, whatever! Your presence, in any form, manner, or design, would certainly add some personality to the group.

Thank you veeps!
Julian(I jest, again.)
Last edited by cloudiz on Mon, 24 May 2010 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alchemyace

Postby alchemyace » Mon, 17 May 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Cloudiz,

I can be a a friend 'ambassador'. Do keep me in the loop of any future events. Add me on msn at vs90210@hotmail.com

Cheers