Singapore Expats Forum

It aint 'alf hot mum: topic deletion

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

It aint 'alf hot mum: topic deletion

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:02 pm

Would the Mod that deleted that whole topic care to let me know why?

Otherwise I'm sorry to say you're stooping as low as the Angry Board.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:05 pm

Spelling out how the T&C's were breached by that, just for the future, would be useful too

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:10 pm

Nobody deleted your posts. It would pay you, however, to climb down off'n your high-horse just a tad. Did you do a search for the thread? Did you bother to use the "View posts since last visit" link under the classifieds button at the top left side of the page?

The thread was transferred to where it should have been posted in the first place. ftopic69008.html&highlight=

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:18 pm

Okey cokey.... and thanks for your reply SMS.

Many boards (even the Angry Board) publish a 'topic moved' notice with a link that is left up for a few days. So that, er, people know a topic has been moved.

p.s. My horse is neither low or high. But if my topics just seem to disappear yeah odds are I'm gonna get p'd off.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:51 pm

There are a multitude of tools available here for the forumer to use. There is the link at the top of the page under the Classifieds button "View posts since last visit", there is the link on your profile page "Find all posts by JR8" in addition to the well used Search functions here.

Remember the story about the boy who yelled wolf? Eventually nobody took him seriously.
:wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:55 pm

No I don't actually (haven't a clue what you're on about).

From my user-perspective, I post to one sub-board on this site.... I have no time or interest for the rest or anything else...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 3:58 pm

JR8 wrote:I post to one sub-board on this site.... I have no time or interest for the rest or anything else...

Maybe now I understand why you possibly ran foul of the other site..... :-k

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 4:52 pm

Charmed I'm sure :kiss:

I didn't 'run foul' of any site. What ever makes you think I did?

Better mind not to stoke a fire while pretending to be the fireman eh, not cricket old chap, bad form etc?

The default on the Angry Board, was all users were treated as a nuisance and in breach of the rules on that site. Yes, it truly was that odd. 25+ years on the net, and I have never seen such an inexplicable, vitupperous, malign mindset against the customers.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 5:45 pm

JR8 wrote:Many boards (even the Angry Board) publish a 'topic moved' notice with a link that is left up for a few days. So that, er, people know a topic has been moved.

We've discussed that before and came to the conclusion, that, because we don't generally delete threads, as mentioned before, with the other tools available here, we didn't see the need to leave shadow threads in the old forum as it just uses up valuable bandwidth on the board (same way we come down on multi-thread identical posts). We figured that if the thread was that important, then the poster would use all the other tools here at their disposal.

We've not had any problems with it so far so I don't see it changing anytime soon.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 6:32 pm

Ok. makes sense.

Perhaps someone with more time and insight might consider putting a FAQ together