Quiz Night

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Quiz Night

Post by BigSis » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 8:33 pm

Does anyone know if the Dog and Bone at Siglap still do a quiz night? I checked their website but it didn't mention a quiz (or not that I could see).

If not, does anyone know of any other pubs/bars which do a quiz night, preferably on the East Coast or thereabouts if poss, thanks.

thefurz

Post by thefurz » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:57 am

Not on the East Coast but we have started going to the quiz at the Boomerang Bar, Robertson Quay. Tuesdays with a 7.30 ko.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Quiz Night

Post by Saint » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:00 pm

BigSis wrote:Does anyone know if the Dog and Bone at Siglap still do a quiz night? I checked their website but it didn't mention a quiz (or not that I could see).

If not, does anyone know of any other pubs/bars which do a quiz night, preferably on the East Coast or thereabouts if poss, thanks.
Yes The Dog still does a Quiz night every fortnight on a Tuesday, the next one is tomorrow night funny enough! I'm trying to persuade them to run it weekly, going to get the thoughts on that tomorrow night with everyone.

Yeah, I've be badgering Alex to get the website sorted out as it's slightly outdated now!

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks, I might go and check it out one week.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:27 am

thefurz wrote:Not on the East Coast but we have started going to the quiz at the Boomerang Bar, Robertson Quay. Tuesdays with a 7.30 ko.
Is the Boomerang quiz still so Australian focused that even Australian's don't know the answers? Or have they decided to make themselves a bit more international?

thefurz

Post by thefurz » Sun, 02 May 2010 1:24 am

carteki wrote:
thefurz wrote:Not on the East Coast but we have started going to the quiz at the Boomerang Bar, Robertson Quay. Tuesdays with a 7.30 ko.
Is the Boomerang quiz still so Australian focused that even Australian's don't know the answers? Or have they decided to make themselves a bit more international?
:D Not Aussie focused but "Western" so more Aus, UK, US I would say. The last few weeks there have been rounds on TV progs (Simpsons!) which tend to be US focused but others on animals, pics of alcohol labels, sport etc. The question setter is Irish so perhaps the aussie bias gone gone!

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 03 May 2010 9:56 am

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like we'll be back there again shortly :D

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 04 May 2010 8:08 am

It's the Dog and Bone quiz tonight and I'll be there as reigning winners :cool:

sonty

Post by sonty » Fri, 07 May 2010 12:37 pm