Singapore Expats Forum

Pink Shirt Thursday

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Pink Shirt Thursday

Postby carteki » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 3:41 pm

Last week a colleague of mine was sharing about Pink Shirt Thursdays and I was wondering how wide-spread it was. How many people in your office are wearing pink shirts today?

Ours has 1 - and I met another colleague in the lift wearing a pink shirt. Most of our department are away at training so the count is not complete...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 3:54 pm

What's that? A gay call to arms! :o :lol:

Okay, just did a google to figger it out. Sure enough, probably a gay call to arms.
:oops: (howz about a pink face instead!) :wink:

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 4:03 pm

I goog-ed it and they said it was yesterday??

Anyway, no pink shirts in my wardrobe!
Just me

DazzleBabe

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 4:32 pm

There are two types of man who wears pink--a really secure one or a really gay one. :P

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 6:26 pm

nakatago wrote:There are two types of man who wears pink--a really secure one or a really gay one. :P

Couldn't agree more. And not every guy can carry it off. Though I'd hate to see any guy in fuschia! :lol:
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

manutdfan
Regular
Regular

Postby manutdfan » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 9:23 pm

nakatago wrote:There are two types of man who wears pink--a really secure one or a really gay one. :P

That makes me very secure then :) I don't even just do it on Thursday's either - this week it was Wednesday.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 2:54 am

Yeah why not. Don't need some 'national cause' to get kitted up in a pink shirt. That or pale blue. Good place to look ...www.CTshirts.co.uk Though if you want a discussion about the relevant merits of the shirtsmiths along Jermyn Street I can do that too, having shopped from every single one over the years...

Classier than some cheap white course button-down thing a la America. You know they say that over there, they don't even put a split-yoke into the shoulders. Hoi polloi! :)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 4:41 pm

My wife bought me a pink polo shirt a while ago and I wear it with pride . . . all the way to the office and then change in the car . . . to a black one because I am well 'ard

'nuff said Image

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 9:21 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:

Couldn't agree more. And not every guy can carry it off. Though I'd hate to see any guy in fuschia! :lol:

Nothing wrong with seeing a guy wear fuschia - some skin tones look well with such colors. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

tess88

Postby tess88 » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:07 pm

I was wondering about this too.
One of my french supplier often wear pink shirt when he visits our office; whenever we shake hands, his hand always so "loose", like no energy...

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:26 pm

tess88 wrote:

One of my french supplier often wear pink shirt when he visits our office; whenever we shake hands, his hand always so "loose", like no energy...

And what do you think that means... that is, what stereotype are you projecting?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:53 pm

Maybe it's like the cells that they put violent criminals in in the US. Pastel green as it's been proven that that color tends to reduce the violent tendencies. Maybe pink tends to psychologically reduce a guy's strength in their wrists? :cool:

tess88

Postby tess88 » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:56 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
tess88 wrote:

And what do you think that means... that is, what stereotype are you projecting?

My first thought was he an insincere guy and second thought was he a gay but he's not girlish...so I can't really tell, that's a pink illusion~

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Postby wcs » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 1:05 am

Pink shirts are worn in Thailand cause the King was wearing one when he emerged after a hospital visit a couple of years ago. I was given one there...but only wore it once back in Aus...down the river on a houseboat...after stopping at a vineyard for lunch, you forget all about the colour of your shirt! ;)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:01 am

tess88 wrote:

A fascinating social insight! :o
Maybe this is why Americans tend to wear white shirts; for the 'avoidance of any doubt' :D