Singapore Expats Forum

Is water system necessary in Singapore homes?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

disagreement
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 13 Apr 2010

Is water system necessary in Singapore homes?

Postby disagreement » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:46 pm

Personally I feel that the water from our taps are considerably clean, even for direct consumption. Just recently I heard that my auntie bought a water system. Heard from her it is said to contain lots of benefits. She too recommended me to get one. Was wondering whether is it necessary? Any kind soul out there, could you give me your opinion? Will really appreciate. Thanks
Found this interesting http://www.withinus.net16.net/

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:01 am

Totally not necessary. Unless you are in a very old house when iron pipes. Then the only thing you need is a particle filter to rid the water of any sediment. The water has been deemed to be some of the best in the world by the W.H.O.! So, if you want to just totally waste your money or want bragging rights, suit yourself.

User avatar
Splatted
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2004

Postby Splatted » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:30 am

I had bought a Brita Jug, which has it's own filter. Very efficient for removing particular matter from water. (under $30)

The water in Singapore is clean, but lets just say our particular pipes in this old HDB flat have a unique flavour.

disagreement
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 13 Apr 2010

Postby disagreement » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 9:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Totally not necessary. Unless you are in a very old house when iron pipes. Then the only thing you need is a particle filter to rid the water of any sediment. The water has been deemed to be some of the best in the world by the W.H.O.! So, if you want to just totally waste your money or want bragging rights, suit yourself.


I have been staying in this house for almost 10 years. So I don't think it it considered as old. But I will take up your suggestion and get a simple filter. I think it should be able to filter the rust in the water along with the bad stuff. It won't cost me much right?
Found this interesting http://www.withinus.net16.net/

disagreement
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 13 Apr 2010

Postby disagreement » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 9:07 pm

Splatted wrote:I had bought a Brita Jug, which has it's own filter. Very efficient for removing particular matter from water. (under $30)

The water in Singapore is clean, but lets just say our particular pipes in this old HDB flat have a unique flavour.


I checked up Brita Jug on the web. I think the price wise is very reasonable.
Found this interesting http://www.withinus.net16.net/

GoGreen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 16 Apr 2010
Location: Singapore, S. Korea, Jakarta
Contact:

Postby GoGreen » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:37 pm

I used to think that it isn't a necessity. But after looking into it, I decided to get apurification system.

I find its an investment to drink pure, healthy water. Yes you might not see the benefit fast, but in the long run the benefits are visible. In the short run,
you notice you are more refreshed after a glass of fresh water and your skin feels smoother (as per what my sis said). You feel way more recharged in the morning too!

I know that Singapore tap water is clean, but how clean is clean when they started introducing NEWater into the household consumption.

Personally I get it because I hate those odor in tap water sometimes, I hate to boil water every morning and night because we drink a lot and I am just particular to what enters my body, no water-borne chemicals like chlorine, rust, etc.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:53 pm

GoGreen wrote:I used to think that it isn't a necessity. But after looking into it, I decided to get apurification system.

I find its an investment to drink pure, healthy water. Yes you might not see the benefit fast, but in the long run the benefits are visible. In the short run,
you notice you are more refreshed after a glass of fresh water and your skin feels smoother (as per what my sis said). You feel way more recharged in the morning too!

I know that Singapore tap water is clean, but how clean is clean when they started introducing NEWater into the household consumption.

Personally I get it because I hate those odor in tap water sometimes, I hate to boil water every morning and night because we drink a lot and I am just particular to what enters my body, no water-borne chemicals like chlorine, rust, etc.


It's good to know that you eat only fresh, organic, unprocessed foods and don't drink coffee, tea, sodas, etc. Of course, if you do eat or drink ANY processed foods or drinks, then you don't really care what you put into your body, so, having a water purifier is kind of foolish.

And Newater? Newater is purer than that which normally runs through your pipes. Newater is virtually distilled water that is so pure that they pump it into the reservoir so it can be "downgraded" to normal drinking water. It's so pure that initially it was being using by the Semiconductor industries as they require purer water than what PUB pumps. Oh, Newater doesn't have any odor at all.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 6:52 am

Advertising removed and I think the poster has gotten the message. - moderator


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests