Singapore Expats Forum

Business Ideas

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
harrysingh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 10 Aug 2011

Re: Business Ideas

Postby harrysingh » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 6:48 pm

hi,

I am a businessman from India and moving to Singapore shortly. have you got ur partner yet and if not, kindly provide details at harrysingh3035@gmail.com for the proposal.


midnitesun wrote:Hi, I wish to seek feedback, comments and ideas. I have some small business ideas for those who are looking to start food business in Singapore hdb stall/market. I have been involved in the bakery and soya bean business for a long time and due to my business structure, I could not work on fixed hours in fixed locations. As such, I am willing to share expertise, JV with all who are keen to look into the Bakery and Soya Bean business. The profit is very good and my business plan does not requires much capital and can be operated with minimal manpower. Kindly reply on this forum and I will be happy to answer all questions.

Mr Tan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 08 Apr 2011

re

Postby Mr Tan » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 9:11 pm

are u drowning down the idea of selling soya bean will fail ? bubble tea craze did not fall but the people managing it did not do a proper job. like i say go to ubi ave i think blk 304 , u can see 2 bubble tea giants near to each other. it doesnt represent koi or gong cha but the appealing setup made me stop and buy a cup of caramel milk tea.


sundaymorningstaple wrote:And, like most low investment, sure to win, business ideas, the ideal will be sold to every tom, dick & harry and within 6 months 3 out of every 7 small heartland shops will have a business selling the stuff until they are practially giving it away until they all go broke. Kind of like the Bubble Tea craze several years ago, or the myriad of Mobile phone shops or hair salons. Good Luck. You are gonna need it.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: re

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:40 pm

Mr Tan wrote:are u drowning down the idea of selling soya bean will fail ? bubble tea craze did not fall but the people managing it did not do a proper job. like i say go to ubi ave i think blk 304 , u can see 2 bubble tea giants near to each other. it doesnt represent koi or gong cha but the appealing setup made me stop and buy a cup of caramel milk tea.


sundaymorningstaple wrote:And, like most low investment, sure to win, business ideas, the ideal will be sold to every tom, dick & harry and within 6 months 3 out of every 7 small heartland shops will have a business selling the stuff until they are practially giving it away until they all go broke. Kind of like the Bubble Tea craze several years ago, or the myriad of Mobile phone shops or hair salons. Good Luck. You are gonna need it.


failure, whatever the reason, is still failure. N'est-ce pas?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: re

Postby nakatago » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mr Tan wrote:are u drowning down the idea of selling soya bean will fail ? bubble tea craze did not fall but the people managing it did not do a proper job. like i say go to ubi ave i think blk 304 , u can see 2 bubble tea giants near to each other. it doesnt represent koi or gong cha but the appealing setup made me stop and buy a cup of caramel milk tea.


sundaymorningstaple wrote:And, like most low investment, sure to win, business ideas, the ideal will be sold to every tom, dick & harry and within 6 months 3 out of every 7 small heartland shops will have a business selling the stuff until they are practially giving it away until they all go broke. Kind of like the Bubble Tea craze several years ago, or the myriad of Mobile phone shops or hair salons. Good Luck. You are gonna need it.


failure, whatever the reason, is still failure. N'est-ce pas?


Back home, we call this the lechon manok phenomenon. Basically, a small business idea becomes so popular than everyone would try to copy it to cash in on the popular such that you encounter a similar business every ten meters.

It's named after lechon manok (rotisserie chicken) where it became so popular in the 80's that every street corner had a stall selling the birds. It happened with pearl shakes, shawarma, waffles, cellphone shops, laundrymats, distilled water stations, internet cafes, chicken inasal, nursing schools, badminton courts, pool halls, boxing gyms, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

Mr Tan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 08 Apr 2011

Re: re

Postby Mr Tan » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 1:31 pm

sorry i mean are u generalizing things too much ? 。Mr Bean did well i guess and people are still patronizing them after a long time. u cant rely just on trend because others will follow suit. Mobile shop and bubble tea are very liquid business , people who needs a drink or people who wants to buy a hi card doesnt have a think twice before committing themselves.
old phones have to go somewhere and there are always people looking for used sets. chicken rice stalls are everywhere why are there always queues for them even when they are just average ? mobile shops and bubble tea shops still remains top of my list because its hard to go bust on them , on the other hand (if allow me to generalize things) trends starters go bust on a more frequent basis . the major difference between trend starters and not, is they reap higher returns and also greater loss.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mr Tan wrote:are u drowning down the idea of selling soya bean will fail ? bubble tea craze did not fall but the people managing it did not do a proper job. like i say go to ubi ave i think blk 304 , u can see 2 bubble tea giants near to each other. it doesnt represent koi or gong cha but the appealing setup made me stop and buy a cup of caramel milk tea.


sundaymorningstaple wrote:And, like most low investment, sure to win, business ideas, the ideal will be sold to every tom, dick & harry and within 6 months 3 out of every 7 small heartland shops will have a business selling the stuff until they are practially giving it away until they all go broke. Kind of like the Bubble Tea craze several years ago, or the myriad of Mobile phone shops or hair salons. Good Luck. You are gonna need it.


failure, whatever the reason, is still failure. N'est-ce pas?

sky7436
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Business Ideas

Postby sky7436 » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 1:02 pm

still there?:) email me : eryck1806@gmail.com

sky7436
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Business Ideas

Postby sky7436 » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 5:26 pm

midnitesun wrote:Hi, I wish to seek feedback, comments and ideas. I have some small business ideas for those who are looking to start food business in Singapore hdb stall/market. I have been involved in the bakery and soya bean business for a long time and due to my business structure, I could not work on fixed hours in fixed locations. As such, I am willing to share expertise, JV with all who are keen to look into the Bakery and Soya Bean business. The profit is very good and my business plan does not requires much capital and can be operated with minimal manpower. Kindly reply on this forum and I will be happy to answer all questions.


Can you email me at eryck1806@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you asap.TQ=)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests