Singapore Expats Forum

Da Nang

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Da Nang

Postby Zeenit » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:38 am

We thinking of going to Da Nang at Xmas time. Does anyone know from first hand experience if its very very wet or just one hour rain a day weather. The websites are very misleading hence I hope someoen will help me.

Zeenit

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 7:44 pm

Its april and you are planning for Xmas already! Wow!

A bit of my personal experience. I was not at DaNang over Xmas but I was at Hoi An during New Year Day this year (i.e. 1st - 4th Jan 2010). Hoi An is an hour taxi ride away and personally, I highly recommend Hoi An over DaNang.

It was my second trip to Hoi An and I still think its a lot nicer than DaNang. DaNang currently have numerous 5-star resorts constructions going on, ranging from Hilton, Hyatt, Raffles, all the big names you can think of. Like I said, majority of them are still at the initial construction stage when I was there this year January. I doubt all or most of them will be completed anytime soon. I walked around DaNang streets and I don't find the area appealing in terms of culture and food. In fact, DaNang felt a little like an "industrial" area of Vietnam, with really bad pollution.

In Hoi An, it didn't rain at all during my entire stay. In fact, the weather was quite sunny and you can definitely go to the beach for some nice tan. There is a beach in Hoi An too, which allows you to jet-ski and swim. Diving is not an option during this period because its off-seaon.

Hoi An is a perserved ancient city hence there is slightly more interesting architural buildings to see. Due to the french influences, there are plenty of really good food within Hoi An as well.

Let me know if you need more information or have more specific questions.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks. I will be in touch once i am back in May/June.
I know its very to think of Dec but we have so many things and people coming that before I know it will be too late.

:D
Zeenit

Return to “General Discussions”