Singapore Expats Forum

Dual PR??

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Dual PR??

Postby ksl » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:41 am

tess88 wrote:
ksl wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
tess88 wrote:Hi all

Does Singapore allow people who has 2 PR status?

I'm a Malaysian, currently I'm holding SPR in Singapore more than 4 years and I'm planning to apply for citizenship; however, I'm not sure whether I can get it successfully or not. (I will submit my application this week)

In the other hand, I'll marry and move to Germany soon maybe 2 years and I think at that period I might apply the PR in Germany. If let's say I get the PR in Germany, do I need to inform Singapore government?

I actually intend to come back to SG after 2 years.

My annual income was just a bit over 25k, not sure if my application for citizenship will be successful or not...

Thank you.

KSL

Yes I agree with you that it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS how many PRs the Op is going and wanting to collect.
I, like yourself, has been on the road about 30 years approximately now, I do understand where you are coming from.
But read OP post, OP not sure, or if I can second guess , wants to have everything for himself. Just wanting an assurance from the forum on his next step
If OP has been living in SG for some time with a SPR hence it is a no brainer to get SG citizenship first b4 going to Germany
OP has all his hands on everything but not sure where to begin if I dare say.
Unlike many countries whereby collecting PR is a NON Issue, SG Gahmen micro manage everything right down to smallest teenie weenie bit for its citizen.
As such if OP forego his SPR , it is a ONE WAY TICKET OUT for all I can see.

Yes I agree with you that Sg Gahmen will micro manage everything though and the person is probably just wondering how to make a better life for them-self and still not sure if they can adapt in a European Country, many Asians cannot, because of various factors that are sometimes racially made in jest (UK especially) Germany on the other hand is quite different.

Though family bonding is the biggest pyschological problem when away from home and culture shock. In Denmark a Chinese woman in her 30's married a Hong Kong Chinese, to escape China, sadly they divorced because she only wanted the passport and the good life, she lived in my apartment block, no work, speaks very bad Danish and very difficult to employ, because she isolated herself from society and ended up mentally ill, so that she can pick up welfare benefits and send home to her family. The lengths of what some people will do, to escape hardship is real.

So I would expect Singaporean citizenship would have been much preferred, becuase the person is Malaysian looking for a safety net, But it is highly unlikely if they are earning 25k a year to get Citizenship.

So Germany looks like the final ticket :) where they will have to adapt long enough to get Citizenship and most definately a step into the comfort zone, with less hrs worked unless they are conned.

Tragically much trafficking in women is still very common in Europe

Thank you. I really appreciate your advices and I think people's thinking will change from time to time. (I'm still young)

I just want to ensure that I will not offend the rule to get another PR if I fail to get the SG citizenship.
There are quite a few lost souls wandering around the globe, not knowing what lies ahead in the future, I know one thing for sure, it all comes to an end quicker than we want it too, so we do our best for the family and if the world is your Oyster enjoy while you can, don't be insecure make that move and better yourself, you will get strength as you tackle the problems in life, just keep on the right side of the law

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are a diploma holder then I'd say if you are doing over 24K/pa then you are pretty on the ball. But yes, it could get rough.l

ksl, yeah, I'm up for a pint or three if you think your ticker can handle it! :P I'd say we are overdue! :lol:
Then maybe we need to contact bluethunder too and discuss where to meet and what day. Addadude if your reading let us know, what suits you best.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 1:40 am

ksl wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are a diploma holder then I'd say if you are doing over 24K/pa then you are pretty on the ball. But yes, it could get rough.l

ksl, yeah, I'm up for a pint or three if you think your ticker can handle it! :P I'd say we are overdue! :lol:
Then maybe we need to contact bluethunder too and discuss where to meet and what day. Addadude if your reading let us know, what suits you best.

Can you old farts add a young guy to the equation? How about Naughty Girl? Or, too hard on the ticker(s)? :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 4:32 am

tess88 wrote:Hi ksl

Thank you so much.
But I got another thing needs to mention and that's making me crazy.
My hubby said let's see Singapore better Australia better or New Zealand better, then, we settle down there.
So, I got to try an error :x

I will give priority to my future family...I wish to get the SG citizenship since I got cpf contribution here and if got anything happen to me, my family here still can get the money I have here.

Tess88

My 2 cents worth. I lived and studied in Hamburg in the late 70s. Bloody windy and cold as it is near the seaport. Not sure which part of Germany you are going but Germans are nice people !!The flight to Frankfurt is about 11 hrs before you fly another part of the country. Phew !!
OZzie has alot of Asian Communities in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane. So to fit in is quite easy. FLight is approx 6 hrs to Melbourne and Brisbane
Jobs are easy to find . Immigration is abit tight but not that bad.
Driving in Sydney can be sometimes a challenge. OZ Gahmen quite pro immigration.Housing can be pricey on locations
Kiwi 11 hrs flight to Auckland . Alot of Asians lives there especially in the North Shore and East Auckland. Kiwis are very friendly.
Kiwi Immigration is better now but JOB is hard to find. Driving here is an enjoyment. Nice sceneries. Very layback style
If you give up M'sia citizenship there is no way of turning back. M'sia Gahmen is the same as SG Gahmen. Think hard on this.
Where you set your roots, it is important that you meet the local half way or else you will find hard to adjust to the new environment.
From my experience with family setting up your roots in another country , it will be about three years before you can say I am adjusted to my new environment. For some maybe more
If you want to go, do it now as you have a young family and you are mobile.
I have lived and work in Motala, Sekesferhervar , Hamburg , Guadalajara . Kodoma, Penrith among other places . Every one is unique to its culture and social pattern. So you need to adjust yourself to the environment , not the other way round. Or else you will go NUTS :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 1:35 pm

Penrith UK, I know very well, not far from, my old City of Lancaster. Lots of pubs

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 2:38 pm

ksl wrote:Penrith UK, I know very well, not far from, my old City of Lancaster. Lots of pubs

No mate !! Penrith Sydney Australia : :)

tess88

Postby tess88 » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:40 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Tess88

My 2 cents worth. I lived and studied in Hamburg in the late 70s. Bloody windy and cold as it is near the seaport. Not sure which part of Germany you are going but Germans are nice people !!The flight to Frankfurt is about 11 hrs before you fly another part of the country. Phew !!
OZzie has alot of Asian Communities in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane. So to fit in is quite easy. FLight is approx 6 hrs to Melbourne and Brisbane
Jobs are easy to find . Immigration is abit tight but not that bad.
Driving in Sydney can be sometimes a challenge. OZ Gahmen quite pro immigration.Housing can be pricey on locations
Kiwi 11 hrs flight to Auckland . Alot of Asians lives there especially in the North Shore and East Auckland. Kiwis are very friendly.
Kiwi Immigration is better now but JOB is hard to find. Driving here is an enjoyment. Nice sceneries. Very layback style
If you give up M'sia citizenship there is no way of turning back. M'sia Gahmen is the same as SG Gahmen. Think hard on this.
Where you set your roots, it is important that you meet the local half way or else you will find hard to adjust to the new environment.
From my experience with family setting up your roots in another country , it will be about three years before you can say I am adjusted to my new environment. For some maybe more
If you want to go, do it now as you have a young family and you are mobile.
I have lived and work in Motala, Sekesferhervar , Hamburg , Guadalajara . Kodoma, Penrith among other places . Every one is unique to its culture and social pattern. So you need to adjust yourself to the environment , not the other way round. Or else you will go NUTS :lol:

Bingo!
Wow, you lived and studied in Hamburg in late 70s?? that's before the German reunification! I believe you speak german perfectly.
I probably will stay somewhere near Hannover - Bad Oeynhausen and will learn german language too.I think Hamburg is a good place and if I'm not wrong there used to have a chinatown in the past but now no more.

Thank you so much, the clues and experiences you mentioned above were very useful to me and you seemed could understand how I feel.

You've been to so many places, that's fabulous! It's always good to travel around the world and learn different cultures and languages, which is so called a life enrichment.
Well, I will try my best to adjust and adapt to the environment.

I'm keen to know more about your life story; if possible do share some with me / us :lol:

Cheers

tess88

Re: Dual PR??

Postby tess88 » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:41 pm

ksl wrote:There are quite a few lost souls wandering around the globe, not knowing what lies ahead in the future, I know one thing for sure, it all comes to an end quicker than we want it too, so we do our best for the family and if the world is your Oyster enjoy while you can, don't be insecure make that move and better yourself, you will get strength as you tackle the problems in life, just keep on the right side of the law

Yes, noted with thanks.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 6:21 am

tess88 wrote:I'm keen to know more about your life story; if possible do share some with me / us :lol:

Cheers

NO worries Tess88, glad to be of some help. My life experience is a no major drama. Yes , I speak a few languages but hardly use it right now which is such a waste abd getting harder to speak as alot of the vocabs have gone down the drain.
Let me know if you know other help

Cheers
MS
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:35 am

Germany doesn't have anything called "Permanent Residence" and all stay permits are incomparable to a Singapore PR. Anyway, the system is very complicated - be prepared for lots of paperwork (or, rather, your husband should be prepared for it!) and things taking an extraordinarily long time.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 5:30 pm

Tess 88

One more thing b4 I forgot. If you are migrating to OZ or NZ, you can include your parents name in your PR application there for the future just in case you want your parent to live with you and for easier application even though you go first to apply. I am not sure about Germany though

If you leave Singapore, regarding your CPF nominate the beneficiary, you can always change it via Singpass in the future or otherwise if you decided to leave once and for all, go and apply to withdraw at CPF building , takes only 15 mins from memory

Good Luck with your endeavour !!!

MS :)
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

tess88

Postby tess88 » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 9:17 pm

beppi wrote:Germany doesn't have anything called "Permanent Residence" and all stay permits are incomparable to a Singapore PR. Anyway, the system is very complicated - be prepared for lots of paperwork (or, rather, your husband should be prepared for it!) and things taking an extraordinarily long time.

Noted with thanks.
Actually my hubby wants to further his master degree in Deutschland for 2 years then come back to SG again; that's why I have such queries..
Maybe I just apply a long term visa and see how...

tess88

Postby tess88 » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 9:31 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Tess 88

One more thing b4 I forgot. If you are migrating to OZ or NZ, you can include your parents name in your PR application there for the future just in case you want your parent to live with you and for easier application even though you go first to apply. I am not sure about Germany though

If you leave Singapore, regarding your CPF nominate the beneficiary, you can always change it via Singpass in the future or otherwise if you decided to leave once and for all, go and apply to withdraw at CPF building , takes only 15 mins from memory

Good Luck with your endeavour !!!

MS :)

:D haa
Sometimes too many choices can make a person go insane :???:

In fact, the cpf here is more flexible if compare with other countries, as you can use part of it to buy house,property,cat, etc....
I think it's better to reserve it :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

ich danke dir!