Singapore Expats Forum

Manchester United : Where to Watch?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
februus
Regular
Regular

Manchester United : Where to Watch?

Postby februus » Mon, 12 Apr 2010 8:13 am

I know there are loads of pubs that show the united matches, what I am really looking for is one where there will be other like minded man united fans, I always end up being the only one in the bar.

There must be somewhere where everyone congregates. I had to pass on my season ticket to move here and I am missing the banter!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:43 am

Have you thought of trying the Man Utd Cafe Bar at Boat Quay?

Just a thought

manutdfan
Regular
Regular

Re: Man Utd: Where to Watch?

Postby manutdfan » Mon, 12 Apr 2010 4:18 pm

februus wrote:I know there are loads of pubs that show the united matches, what I am really looking for is one where there will be other like minded man united fans, I always end up being the only one in the bar.

There must be somewhere where everyone congregates. I had to pass on my season ticket to move here and I am missing the banter!

You don't - not for the rest of this season - too painful. Like you I'm a former season ticket holder at OT. I'm now convinced that Judas of Argentina will put the final nail in the coffin next weekend.

A lot of the food courts/coffee shops do show the games though - being Singapore, there's a lot of United fans - though it was quite funny watching the Liverpool game near a guy who was wearing his five year old S.B red jersey with Owen on the back.

I've actually shelled out for StarHub - two pints at any of the bars costs more than the StarHub sports subscriptions and you get all the EPL games. Having said that, if you want to go to a bar - there is a Singapore Man U supporters club - www.manutdsg.com. They have a regular meeting place for the games.

februus
Regular
Regular

Postby februus » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 8:12 am

Saint - didn't even know it existed, try and avoid boat quay as much as possible, went down there once and just got annoyed at being harrassed at every restaurant to eat, thanks for the tip though.

ManUtdFan - I know what you are saying about the beer prices, and will probably subscribe to get the matches at home too, but from time to time, I just want to go and watch the footy in a bar with other people that care about the team. Thanks for th reply, its really useful, I will give the bar that the supporters club use a try and see how I get on!

Thanks again...

aster
Manager
Manager

Postby aster » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:44 am

Saint wrote:Have you thought of trying the Man Utd Cafe Bar at Boat Quay?

Just a thought

I always drop in when walking through Boat Quay, even when there is no game on. But I have been there for a game at night and the atmosphere was really good.

Some very good beer deals until 9 or 10, so stock up early before happy hour ends...

manutdfan
Regular
Regular

Postby manutdfan » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:46 pm

februus wrote:Saint - didn't even know it existed, try and avoid boat quay as much as possible, went down there once and just got annoyed at being harrassed at every restaurant to eat, thanks for the tip though.

ManUtdFan - I know what you are saying about the beer prices, and will probably subscribe to get the matches at home too, but from time to time, I just want to go and watch the footy in a bar with other people that care about the team. Thanks for th reply, its really useful, I will give the bar that the supporters club use a try and see how I get on!

Thanks again...

I'm going to watch the City game at home - too depressed about the way the season's gone to want to go out.

On the other hand, if we beat them and Spurs beat Chelsea I'd definitely be on for watching the Spurs game at Old Trafford in a pub if you fancy meeting up.

Not to mention the Scousers versus Chelsea. I'll feel dirty doing it - but if we're still in it when Chelsea go to Anfield, I'll be cheering them on.

februus
Regular
Regular

Postby februus » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 2:37 pm

ManUtdFan - you are on - although I can't see it happening, worried about the derby, let alone Chelski/Spurs. Think you are missing out by watching the city game on your own!

Regarding the Dippers/Chelsea match, what if a Chelsea win meant that the scousers ended up out of Europe entirely next year? I said at the start of the season that top 2 would be a great result, given that we won the last 3 and I'd love to see their faces.....

Mind you, Uefa will probably change the rules for them again....

aster
Manager
Manager

Postby aster » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 5:10 pm

I would rather see Man City grab 4th and qualify for the CL. That way we'll see the owner go on a massive spending spree the world of football has never seen.

manutdfan
Regular
Regular

Postby manutdfan » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 9:29 pm

februus wrote:ManUtdFan - you are on - although I can't see it happening, worried about the derby, let alone Chelski/Spurs. Think you are missing out by watching the city game on your own!

I know... I can still be persuaded - but losing to the bitters will ruin my evening.

februus wrote:Regarding the Dippers/Chelsea match, what if a Chelsea win meant that the scousers ended up out of Europe entirely next year? I said at the start of the season that top 2 would be a great result, given that we won the last 3 and I'd love to see their faces.....

Mind you, Uefa will probably change the rules for them again....

They can still qualify by winning the Europa League - which I hope they don't as I'd love to see Fulham win it.

Current odds on the FSW leaving over the summer are 4/11 by the way!

februus
Regular
Regular

Postby februus » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 8:16 am

ManUtdFan: In case you change your mind and want to go out to watch it, I have PM'd my mobile number to you. I will probably head down to the place that the supportes club goes to check it out...

februus
Regular
Regular

Postby februus » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 8:18 am

Also would be glad to see him go - I personally quite rate him and he suits a mid table team like liverpool. They could and probably will do far worse!

karanmaroo

Re: Manchester United : Where to Watch?

Postby karanmaroo » Fri, 25 Sep 2015 7:05 pm

Anyone on this forum watch United games in Singapore?