Singapore Expats Forum

Happening Places in S E Asia (Thai, Indo, M'sia, Php, Singapore)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mungbeans

Postby mungbeans » Sun, 02 May 2010 12:43 pm

I'm from Jakarta and I dont think Malioboro Club is a happening place in that city.

wineman

Postby wineman » Thu, 13 May 2010 2:04 am

mungbeans wrote:I'm from Jakarta and I dont think Malioboro Club is a happening place in that city.

what club you consider to be better than Malioboro?
viva vita!

mungbeans

Postby mungbeans » Fri, 14 May 2010 1:44 pm

Depends. If you're trying to score with classy local chicks go to Loewy's in Kuningan, it's a New York style bar with a lot of expats and white-washed girls. Then there's also the classic: CJ's in Hotel Mulia. It's well-known hotel bar where local, slightly less classier girls hunt for white men. If you're a young expat you might have a bigger chance here for the bar frequents the older gentlemen crowd. And yes, those girls are hungry.

But then if you're just up for some good time plain partying fun there are plenty other options: Domain, Blowfish, X2 -- those are clubs. Then there are Shy Rooftop, Bibliotheque (upscale lounges). Last but not least is my favorite, De Hooi (a rowdy sports bar for a good time).