Singapore Expats Forum

Bingeing/ COE

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kristy

Bingeing/ COE

Postby Kristy » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:46 am

Anyone experiencing similar condition? have been suffering from ongoing binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating) for a damn long time, and recently got much worse. Feeling real horrible now. I've stopped medication since last year (so that option is out), I need other suggestions of curing it.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 1:07 pm

Not binge eating but defintely suffer from binge drinking...

?

Postby ? » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 1:15 pm

Why is medication no longer an option? Sounds like it might help you.

EFT

Re: Bingeing/ COE

Postby EFT » Thu, 28 Oct 2004 7:00 pm

Kristy wrote:Anyone experiencing similar condition? have been suffering from ongoing binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating) for a damn long time, and recently got much worse. Feeling real horrible now. I've stopped medication since last year (so that option is out), I need other suggestions of curing it.

Kristy, pls contact me at eft_nltr@yahoo.com.sg

swing

Postby swing » Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:32 pm

Kristy,
Do you do that because you're stressed or upset? I don't think medication is a long term solution. Always has its side effects. What do you binge on? Perhaps, if you binge on fruits or healthy snacks, it won't be so bad afterall.

Postby Guest » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 2:53 pm

Bafana: I guess it's pretty similar. Both are addictions, just like drug or smoking addictions. how are you coping

? : medication--let's not even talk about it. As if hospitalisation bills weren't enough, I was a mess then. It definitely did NOT help me either, so I'm not going back

ERT: are you in my same condition too? I know it's really rare to find someone with such problem, probably only me

Swing: to be honest, I don't know why or the reason behind my binges. I mean I stuck with it for close to 10 years (only seeked help last year after I can't take the pain anymore). I can't figure it out myself. and no, it's definitely not desirable snacks I gorge on. I seek comfort in comfort food and that means anything sinful to get that high feeling. I'll find myself gorging down few bags of chips and ice-cream all at one go, whatever junk I have available and then I CANT stop. Especially late at night (I can't binge in front of people because it's bloody embarassing not to have control over my appetite) and then it causes my insomnia. And I guess I make up for my compulsive overeating by not sleeping. I've stuck with it for way too long and these few times I'm really breaking down. It's a vivious cycle and I seriously need to know if there's a way out of this

EFT

Postby EFT » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 5:10 pm

Whether its overeating, or undereating or bulimia,, they all have underlying issues...and the issue can be anything! Please do not be afraid or embarrassed about it. DO talk to a professional, DO get on the internet and read up about it because there ARE other sufferers out there!

Please contact me if u need to talk or want some further help

eft_nltr@yahoo.com.sg

EFT

Postby EFT » Sat, 30 Oct 2004 7:42 pm

EFT wrote:Whether its overeating, or undereating or bulimia,, they all have underlying issues...and the issue can be anything! Please do not be afraid or embarrassed about it. DO talk to a professional, DO get on the internet and read up about it because there ARE other sufferers out there!

Please contact me if u need to talk or want some further help

eft_nltr@yahoo.com.sg

Some further information which might be helpful for those who have posted.
Rgds

eft_nltr@yahoo.com.sg
http://www.emofree.com/anorexia%2Dbulimia.htm