Singapore Expats

Contract Job with US based company

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 1:54 pm
Location: Singapore

Contract Job with US based company

Post by SingRed » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:44 pm


I’d be really grateful if someone can advise me here.

I’m currently working in a permanent job here in Singapore & am on a PEP. I’ve been offered a contract role with a US based company who doesn’t have a presence in Singapore, to work on-site with their client here in Sing. I’m interested in taking the job but the contract would have to be with the US based company.

Is this possible & if so what would be the best way to go about it ?

Thanks for your help. Cheers

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11588
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 3:10 pm

In order to live here legally, you need a work permit, aka PEP or EP.

I would see if the company you will contract for will pick up the EP/PEP.

Otherwise, you would need to attempt to form your own company (do a search for Entrepass) or the US company would have to establish a branch office here in Singapore.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests