Singapore Expats Forum

eRep Renewal

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

keepsmiling

eRep Renewal

Postby keepsmiling » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 6:42 pm

Hi friends,

I am into my 5th year of PR. Can anyone tell me when the application form will be showed in ica site for renewal.

I tried to renew online currently it's showing as not due for renewal.

I am afraid as i am hearing many rumors about PR renewal. All these years i have been paying my taxes as well as CPF contribution regulary..

Thanks in advance..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 6:50 pm

How many months before it expires? If more than 3 months, don't worry about it. If less than 1 months, make a physical trip to ICA.

http://erep.ica.gov.sg/erep/index.do

From what I see of the application instructions, it will not "just show up". You have to fill out the online application and pay for it with a credit card. Here is the online instructions for the whole 9 yards....

eREP Filing Manual

keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:49 pm

Hi dude,

thx for your response. it's 5 months. why i am afraid is some of my close friends (4 friends) already renewed before 6 months, for 2 of them the record shown as early as 9 months beform. they can able to see their application form online once they click on self or self and family radio button and click proceed.

I have gone through all the instructions and they haven't stated anywhere before how many months they start showing.

Please note all my friends stated among has bought houses here.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:06 pm

Have you actually applied for the eREP yet? If not, why are you here asking more questions. You have to try first. I've already given you the links for the manual as well. Things change. Nothing is static. It doesn't do any good if you haven't tried first. :roll:

Guess you are not gonna know until you try.
:roll:

keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:35 pm

Hello boss,

that's what i am telling i have tried applying erep all those info. what ever you have given i knew it very well.

pls read below lines which i have provided in my Q?

"I tried to renew online currently it's showing as not due for renewal. "

The above is the message what i got when i logged in using Singpass..

As u have seen in the faq of ica. the online application form you can't see unless you are eligible for renewal.

thanks for your response..if you don't have the answer leave it..

i will wait for some time and then check with ica directly..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 3:33 am

In my experience a lot of e-services in SG are too clever by half. I.e. you can only do something online, but the website only 90% works so your application won't process. Then there is zero support [tried applying for an EPEC or LTVP and you will know what I mean].

On the flip side when I have ever had to call ICA I have found them most helpful. So that is my suggestion... simply call them and ask.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 6:49 am

keepsmiling wrote:Hello boss,

that's what i am telling i have tried applying erep all those info. what ever you have given i knew it very well.

pls read below lines which i have provided in my Q?

"I tried to renew online currently it's showing as not due for renewal. "

The above is the message what i got when i logged in using Singpass..

As u have seen in the faq of ica. the online application form you can't see unless you are eligible for renewal.

thanks for your response..if you don't have the answer leave it..

i will wait for some time and then check with ica directly..

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How many months before it expires? If more than 3 months, don't worry about it. If less than 1 months, make a physical trip to ICA.

keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 2:13 am

thanks guys for your response.. i will check with ica directly.